Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi guys.  I have been flying high ever since it was posted here that I have been nominated for Two Golden George awards.

I still have not been contacted by the contest coordinators and to have this Golden Opportunity to win I need to have my nominated pieces sent to Germany for in person judging.

I am going nuts trying to find information.  I have emailed them with NO respones.   The deadline is fast approaching.  I hate to loose out due to a miscommunication.

Can any of you resourceful people help me? :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_sad Gosh Judi, I wouldn't know where to start.  Perhaps there is a contact phonenumber?  Is there any chance of one in the forms you filled out?   bear_sad

I do hope some of the other girls can help....  :hug:

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Judi....I have a friend in Germany who might be able to help. My sister, who lives with me, is in daily (sometime hourly) contact with her. Let me know,
Marion

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Judi, I will check with the people I know on Bears n Buds who were also nominated. They should know something
Sonya

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Judi,
I got on Teddy Baer Total's webpage.
Here is all of their contact info. They are the show promoters as well as organizers of the Golden Teddy competition. Their phone number is there. If they aren't responding to email that may be the only way to contact them.
http://www.teddybaertotal.de/CMS/O/1/K/ … TAL,Teddy/

Mind you I know absolutely nothing about them or the Golden Geroge but just did a Google search.

Hope it helps,
Daphne

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Judi, I just sent an S.O.S. to Ruth on Bears n Buds. She will know who to talk to for info. I will let you know what I find out as soon as I hear something
Sonya

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

You girls are ALL GEMS! (nice greeen sparkly ones) Thank you so much.  I really want to follow through with this.
I just KNEW I could count on you guys :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I am sorry I cant help, Judi, I will keep my fingers crossed for you though...

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kimmy, thanks, you're a doll too. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I can't help, but I hope everything works out.   :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Lots and lots of luck, Judi . . . you go, girl!!

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Judi
Just an update. Ruth forwarded my message to her on to maria Collins who also is nominated, so hopefully I can tell you something really soon. Hoping for tonight..  :pray:
Hugs
Sonya

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi everyone.  I have to tell you all that I am ever so impressed and touched at all the help you have given me.  This means so very much to me that you stepped up to help.

I spoke with Ruth Johnson last night.  She called me t osay that she would help me get the info I needed.  Another gem.

Karin De Lorenzo emailed me with the address where to send my pieces off to and said she woudl help me more if I needed it.  ANOTHER GEM.

Then, this morning I finally hear from the Golden George contest organizer, Jutta  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:( she was on vacation) She confirmed my two nominations and told me I could send them to her and she would take them to the show.  but...she did not give me her address.  I am sure she will though....hopefully today.

((((((((((((((((((((((((( :hug:  bear_wub  :hug: )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))  This is for you guys.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:clap:  :clap: I'm so glad you've finally gotten a contact Judi!  :clap:  :clap:  Kudos to all those who have helped  :clap:  :clap:

Judi, perhaps you should mail them to the address Karen's given you if Jutta doesn't contact you with her email???  I'm just thinking in terms of deadlines and how long the mail can take....

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

You're right Deb.  I am getting very anxious to get these mailed out in time.  Jutta has not emailed me with the address.  I have no fingernails left...time to start on my toe nails.  eeeeewwwwww

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Hi Judi, I also recieved an email from Maria this morning. Here it is (even though it looks like you are set now)

Sonya, tell your friend not to panic. I haven't
heard anything officially yet....from the rules and regs it said that
the nominees would be announced in the TusF magazine, which only hit
the shops yesterday (except around here - still haven't got mine). I
got the list last week from a friend, who has a subscription to the
mag, and so got her copy early.
It does say in the rules that nominated entries have to be in by
April 15 at the latest....your friend could e-mail the organisers if
she is worried - they seem pretty good and actually DO respond to
mails!!!
If she is really worried, she could send her bears to me, as I have
to take mine in....and then she can try bribing me to send her the
Golden Georges!?!
Anyway - I'll let you know the minute I hear anything more
hugs
Maria

So glad we could be of some assistance. Isn't Ruth a doll? I just knew she would come thru in any way she could. What a terrific inspiring person.
Hugs
Sonya

Board footer