Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Delene Posts: 1

I collect toys and I've never bought a bear in my life but for some reason this guy just spoke to me. Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck finding background information on it. It has a stiff body with jointed limbs, swivel head and a humb at the top of the neck. It's pretty big, just under 50 cm long. The small eyes (I think they are made of glass) are close together and the ears seem to extend from the other corners of the eyes. There are no labels or tags or anything of that kind to be seen (also no holes where a tag might have been). There is however a tiny metal ring (actually 2) that seem to be attached to the right paw with brown thread that has come loose a bit. It came with the blue ribbon but I don't know if its authentic.  Any input as to the origin of this lovely bear would be greatly appreciated.

The bear in its full glory

Here's a pic of the metal ring thingy that's attached to the right paw

Debbie Five Shelbyville, TN

Hello Delene ~ Just caught this post about your sweet bear! I do not know the maker, but he does appear to be an artist bear of quality!  I will look around to see if I can locate his family bear_original Thank you for sharing him ~ Debbie 5

TheGypsyDove (was) The 4 Claws Company
Lancaster,VA

It looks very much like a Cindy Martin of "Yesterbear" . I have some for her bears , one is very early in black plush. They are not cheap "http://www.villagebears.com/index.php?m … ts_id=2000"

Board footer