Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

I can remember just a very short time ago, Shelli brought up the subject of ACEO/ATC's . Everyone was SO into it! The excitement was tangable and we all anticipated this new "extra" avenue of teddy bears.
So now where is everyone? Nancy has given us space at a terrific (free) price, yet I have seen only maybe 5 or 6 different artists listing any there. I have made several and have either swapped with other artists or they sold on Bid 4 Bears. Dilu and Sandi S, and Aleta also have been listing some. The rest of you do not know what you are missing. These cards are really little works of ART. I love the cards I have swapped with others. Come on guys.. you won't be sorry to try it out. It's fun, easy, and addicting. I have just listed 4 more so come on over and see what they are all about.
Hugs
Sonya

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm busy making some for private swaps and for my upcoming show but I'll be listing them again at B4B in April!  I received one from Sue Ann which is gloriously pretty.  Sonya's right; they're just really fun to collect!

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Hi Sonya:
I have made one ACEO that I wasn't happy with but as soon as I get the time I will takle another and list.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh man I have been bidding on those... and get outbid  bear_grin   they are really COOL!!

As soon as I get back into the swing of things with bears I intend to start making some of these... it looks so fun!!

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Oh Laura, you will love making them. They are too much fun!
Sonya

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Hey Sonya, I agree with you. I absolutely LOVE your newest cards, and  I can't wait to get my swap card from you.  It is so much fun and a nice change creating these cards.  I've even gained a new bear collector from listing cards on Bid4Bears.   Not to mention I was floored by the final bid on my last card !!    bear_shocked   I would like to swap with others too.

Come on everyone, join in !!!!    bear_thumb

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I like the cards, and I hope more artists start doing them.  I don't have any yet, but I hope to get some. 

What does everyone do with their cards?  How can you display them?  Or should you put them in an album?  I thought maybe artists would have a good idea.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Sonya
I am waiting to take Nancy's course on ATC but as yet it is not up and running
Hugs
Gail

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

I have to agree with Sonya. It is such fun to create these little cards and even more fun to trade them! I wish I could create more of them more often but I am painfully slow when I'm making them.  bear_wacko

I hope more of you will join in the fun soon! bear_original

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I just started making mine.... bear_original I just got supplies and a color copier yesterday so I will have some for sale shortly!!!! :dance:

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website
Gail wrote:

I am waiting to take Nancy's course on ATC but as yet it is not up and running

I'm waiting for Nancy's course to start too.  Then I'm sure I'll be making them like crazy!!! bear_grin

:hug:
Tracy

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Found this interesting link in "My eBay" on these!

http://pages.ebay.com/community/chatter … ature.html

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Ooh, Laura... a VERY interesting read!  Thanks for posting!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Lisa, read Laura's link... or search ACEO or ATC here at TEDDY TALK. 

You, of all people here, could make an absolute KILLING if you made an ACEO for eBay.

I hope you'll look into it a little bit.

I'm rushing here and can't go into detail, but in nutshell:

ACEO = Art Card Editions & Originals

Size = ALWAYS 2.5 x 3.5 (the same size as a deck or cards or a baseball card)

What? = Small, original pieces of art that you can sell or trade.  The acronym ACEO was invented by bone*diva, an eBay user.  She wanted to "stretch" the idea of ATC's -- Artist Trading Cards -- which had been around for several decades.  ATC's are basically the same thing as ACEO's but they are, to the purist, supposed to be offered ONLY for swap, artist-to-artist.  This leaves collectors out of the loop.

Have fun exploring this idea; I think you'll like it!

I've also included a page on ACEO's on my website; check it out if you'd like:
http://potbellybears.com/My_Homepage_Files/Page9.html

Board footer