Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

So....this Sunday, I went to the Quinlan Teddy Bear (and Dolly) Show in Philadelphia!!!  What a lovely time!  I only went for Sunday, but the artists and their bears were phenomenal!   Of course, I had to buy a subscription to Teddy Bear Times (from the UK, now in the U.S. and sold at Barnes and Noble! no kidding!)  I have to say the magazine is gorgeous and filled with great articles!

I had a chance to meet and talk to a lot of artists and ask questions.    It was fascinating and great fun.   (I still can't get over Joanne Livingston's Desert Mountain Bears!  They are true incredible works of art.   bear_wub   Cindy McGuire's bears -- fabulous!   Sharon Barron bears -- wow!  By the end of the day, my head was spinning! There were also some tables of gently used manufactured bears like Steiff and artist bears and many other affordable bears sold for the charity Good Bears of the World as well.  Lovely!

Below are the new additions to by hug, a gently used giant 23-inch Stier Bear  and a lovely lamb named Agnes from the Teddy Bear Barn by artist Allen Hsu!  (She is stuffed with excelsior so is very light!) Too cute!

I would encourage artists and collectors alike to go next year!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

That's great that you were able to attend! I really love the two you came home with, and it must have been wonderful to feast your eyes on so many more.  bear_original

Becky

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Really good-looking aquisitions, Esther!

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

I love your new adoptees, Esther (especially the big bear  bear_tongue ) and I would dearly love to visit the Quinlan show.
I saw several pictures of Joanne's bears at the show and one day I hope to be able to adopt one of her wonderful creatures.  bear_wub
Sharon Barron's bears are among my favourites too: I have a few very large ones in my hug. 
I know what you mean about your head spinning; I always feel the same after a visit to the Hugglets show in London or one of the shows in Germany; but it's a good feeling.  bear_thumb

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

I'm glad you like them.   this show is nowhere near as big as Hugglets or Teddy Bear Total, but for an afternoon out, it was just great! bear_grin

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

It was such a fun show. I was very happy to meet you there EJ. Your new friends are fabulous.

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Man I'd love to go to that show.  Did they have more bears than the Nashville Doll and Bear Show had?  I can personally attest to the epicness that is Cindy McGuire's bears as there is one who lives on my bed.  I'd also give my eyeballs for a Desert Mountain Bear.  Joanne, have you got any more bears left from the show?

Board footer