Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

The more I hear about problems selling bears on Ebay the more convinced I should never sell on there!
Don't we have enough other web sites that are fairly new that support selling  artists bears? I have a feeling that
this is where it is going.....and it sure would be a lot safer for us ! I dislike all the negative stuff ..it puts a whole
new meaning to the word " stuffed" when you get taken on Ebay and they don't seem to care much about protecting the sellers.
I have only bought 3 times on Ebay and have never sold, however....One day I got an e-mail that said a seller was offering me a " second chance" to buy as the first buyer fell thru. Whaaa??? How did they get me mixed up in this ?

I found out what NOT to do...don't use the SAME password for your Ebay and your e-mail...That is a very common trick to do.

The thief typed into my yahoo mail address to sign in ...then how he found out my password ...he just clicked on FORGOT PASSWORD...they then mailed it to him !  Clever...so then he used that password on Ebay , figuring it may be the same as my Ebay password and it was ! My stupid error.

My account is also connected to my Pay Pal but I used a different password for that so he could not tap into that.
OK...once I got that piece of mail I contacted Ebay...they shut my account down temporarly until I changed the passwords then my account was suppose to be OK, she said so on the phone........... NOT......

I recently tried to bid on something and I was closed out , what figures is they still have not cleared this thing up completely. So....I contacted them on 2 more seperate occasions.... Same results, I get the same generic e-mail back , I cannot use my account until I do something...problem is I have already done what they require.

now Pay Pal has been disconnected because of this! Can I say CRAP???
I have not committed any crime but look who has to pay ? Why can't they clear this simple thing up ? I am so frustrated with the whole thing I feel like just signing off there.....What would you do ?....Winney

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi all
You can list your bears for sale on Nancy Tillberg's site in the Bid4Bears area. www.northcountryteddybears.com . The cost is also better than e-bay. I believe The Teddy Patch also has an auction site www.theteddypatch.com
Hugs
Gail

nettie scotland
Website

Sorry I can't agree here.Dear old ebay has paid all the bills now for over five years.Without it I would be stuffed.I have met lovely buyers and sellers and also two best pals through it.It has changed my life and made it possible for me to work from home.
I now think about 80% of my income is from ebay.I have had minor problems but if you watch all the regular artists selling time and time again it obviously is good for a lot of them.If bears were a hobby or a part time job I could possibly stay away but not for a full time income.Diane xx

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

I've just noticed my message appears twice - what am I doing :doh:  :doh:  :doh:
Sandra  :redface:

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Technology - don't you just love it!!!!!!!!!!!  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:
Sandra  :redface:

White City, Oregon

I agree with all of you who are selling well...that is what I'd would like to do ....but my question is what would you do if you had my problem ????????
They are not even going to let me bid on to buy something. I have tried to resolve this but they are not listening ....

Oh...For those of you who have not done it...I sure would set up a seperate bank account for Pay Pal and connect that to Ebay activities just for your bears........Winney

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I agree with Diane and Erin.  Ebay helped us financially 4 years ago, when our son was badly injured in a motorbike accident overseas.  He had some insurance, but had been out of the country too long for Ontario's health coverage.  I don't know what we would have done without it, so I guess that colours my opinion.  Ebay has now become a regular part of our family income.  Yes, there are certainly problems, and I've had a few but nothing serious.  Ebay has grown to such a huge company, I'd be surprised if there weren't problems.  I like the way they implemented the Messages system, so you know if emails are really from them or not.  I've met incredible people, who  will be friends for life.  That's my two cents worth.
                                                   Hugs,

Brenda

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Ebay has been good to me too. I do think it has its shortcoming and I hope I don't get to find them out personally. I think when something does go wrong they should be a little quicker to help. Hopefully you have got it off your chest so to speak, Winney. :hug: I hope it works out for you.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awww Loretta,

I am so sorry you are having problems.   bear_cry

Bid4Bears is easy to use and much more economical than e-bay.  Also the admin staff knows who is who on the site.  No auction stealing there.  And I know people sell here at TT.  And have never heard anything bad here, either,

Then there is Bear Piles....

I am just sorry you are having problems.

:hug:

dilu

White City, Oregon

Bear piles???? Hmmm, yes I think there are quite few now..thank's for mentioning them . I am making a  list an :dance: d checking it twice...gonna find out whos nauhty or nice..he, he... :dance: ..Winney

White City, Oregon

HI ERin...Yes..they did contact me that way the second time and I thought it was all straightened out...I will have to try and get it cleared up as I cant buy or sell...Thanks for reminding me..thats the way to go.. :hug: ..Winney

Board footer