Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

My youngest niece is now addicted to needle felting!!! She popped in for a quick visit and I invited her into my workroom because I am realbusy at the moment and she saw the needlefelting stuff and asked what it was and then that was it. One needle one poke and her life will never be the same again. Thankgoodness her virginity is still intaked. bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin
She arrived rather unhappy and left really happy and excited. Now that is what bear making is al about isnt it???
The wee love is only 14. I sent her home with a needlefelting book, roving and needles.
Her mother rang later in the evening and asked if at all possible if I would have Veronica at least one day a weekend to teach her, since she is so happy to learn.
Kids can really make your day sometimes cant they aye????
I'm so happy,  so very very happy................ :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  bear_whistle

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Yeah, Wendy!
So great news!
It looks like Veronica has got a new hobby!
You will soon be able to open a new business together!
He he he!

Her mum must be very happy Veronica has such a quiet hobby!

bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

How wonderful ! Mmm... I wish I had a niece and not only nephews ;).

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Yay Matilda/Wendy!  Creativity is the gateway to the soul. :hug:  :dance:  bear_wub

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I had a 14 year old niece that I got interested in needlefelting and she did some great work and then lost interest.....I think she found boys darn it!

Marion

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That is stupendous, Wendy . . . the next generation definitely needs to know the positive feelings and advantages to hand-creating wonderful things that bring happiness to everybody!!  Sheesh, that was a convoluted sentence, but I love that you are passing down your craft to the younger kids.  And may Veronica never tire or become bored with needlefelting!

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

One of the joys of teaching - to see someone grow. Nothing like it. Seeing your students succeed makes you so proud.

Sandra   :redface:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That's cool! I sure wish I had found felting or bearmaking then. I spent soo many years looking for a creative outlet.

Marion, those darn boys!! he he he

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Thanks fantastic news Matilda, sounds like you have created a new bearmaker. :clap:

My daughter also likes felting, I am just so scared she will poke herself with the needle and lose interest in it.  How do you protect those precious like fingers and children of ours.  bear_shocked

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
rufnut wrote:

How do you protect those precious like fingers and children of ours.  :o

The only thing I can think of is practice. practice, practice, and good hand-eye coordination....but even I still poke myslef here and there.  Small price to pay for such a lovely art. Don't you think? :hug:

Yes, darn those boys!  My 14 year old daughter, who is a lovely artist and fantastic creative writer has dicovered boys...hhhhmmmm I remember those days bear_tongue  bear_wacko  bear_whistle

WA

Hi Karen, have you been away? Or have I? hahah
She did get her self a good one on the finger. She said that it made her spine shiver and go all goosey. But that didnt stop her. AND she has already found boys. She has a boyfriend. hahah
It would be nice if she sticks at it. It would be kind of nice to sell our bears side by side. I am quite sensitive and gooey at times. Plus I love Ronnie, she my favourite. (but dont tell anyone) its a secret. Aunties arent allowed favourites, bear_whistle  apparently.hahahahah

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

No I have been away, dialup was annoying me, it was too slow and very  frustrating plus the warm weather caused our computer to shut down all the time, way to frustrating.  Plus trying to discipline myself spend more time on bears, which worked.

Finally got broadband so I will be around a bit more now. yahooooooooowwweeee :dance:

So I should enjoy my little girl before she grows up, honestly she is 6 and already has a boy for her best friend, now what do I do???    bear_grin

WA

Yeah!!!' Kitty' I believe you a right.  Already I have wonderful memories of the afternoon my wee niece and I  sat in my work room with the sun gently shining through the window, all is quite barr the bird song, in conpanionable delite, both busy creating.  :hug:  OOOhh it's sooooo goooey............hahah bear_wub

Karen, you cant beat the old broadband aye?? I love it. Especially when I decided to play games on line. Dont have to worry getting kicked off during a game. And then during the school hols. I couldnt get on. ...hahah
spotyas Wendy bear_thumb

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

I really agree with everyone it is sooo important to pass our knowledge on ...
Or our gift will be lost forever... Imagine a world without beautiful handmade things... it would be tooooo sad bear_cry

Im blessed my children love art...

My eldest Sabrina 24 is a full time english teacher and now a part time artist with a loving push from mum bear_wub im sooooo proud of her this is some of her work.
DEE10.gif  DEE12.jpg  DEE13.gif
They are aceo trading cards all hand painted...
I just love them.... She sells on ebay and ive just told her about bid4bears.

Jay my son whos nine loves to draw he work is soooooo detailed.

Bethany who is six, is constantly found in a pile of bits and pieces....LOL... Making gifts and cards, it is her obsession... I think she may want to make bears too bear_original one day....

I make a point of sitting down with them around the kitchen table at weekends...Making things at the moment we are making papermache bowls  bear_thumb Its such good fun.... The bestest way to bond i think bear_thumb

Big bear hugs

Lanie x

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Hi, thank you for posting me... bear_original

What a coincidence, I bet your so proud of her... She sounds just like my BETHANY bear_thumb

MY BETHANY IS ONLY SIX .... She loves to sit all her teddies and dolls in front of her and she pretends to be the teacher, with her blackboard.

I THINK IT TAKES SPECIAL PEOPLE WITH THE PATIENCE OF SAINTS TO TEACH GROUPS OF CHILDREN...

I know what you mean ABOUT MESSY GOOOEY STUFF...I love playing with their plasticine with them, we did real clay once errghhhhh never again....COLD DAMP AND HORRIBLE.... bear_grin

I LOVE SABRINAS ART... Its sooooo nice to have someone in the family doing the same kind of stuff... Shes full of encouragement for me and vise a versa...

I think thats why teddy talk works soooo well....

BIG BEAR HUGS

lanie x

WA

Lanie, your Sabrinas art work is so fresh and cheerful. I am so glad you are one of the lovely mums who encourage creativity in her children.  Cant wait to see what Bethany does.!

KittyKatt, I was given freedom of artistic expression from my parents as you have given yours. It's a wonderful gift to give. bear_wub

My wee niece informs me she has been needle felting flies. Apparently they are quite the rage with her friends.  bear_wacko  bear_whistle  are the young wonderful bear_wub

Matilda bear_thumb

WA

Yessum that was  flies as in house flies. The young are so wonderfully grue bear_grin  bear_wacko somely grosse. bear_grin

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

My niece also loves needle felting - she is 9.  I make her wear thimbles on her left thumb and one finger so she doesn't prick herself.

Mel

WA

Maybe we need a 'Kids TT forum'?   bear_grin  I wonder if we could get the kids more involved?
Any hints on how do it?????? bear_whistle Get them involved that is. bear_grin

Happy Easter to you allll!!!!!!!
Wont be back till next week. All the best to you all :hug:  bear_flower
Matilda bear_thumb

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Great idea Matilda, small simple projects, very simple and not so 3D.  Something that they can create real quickly so they don't loose interest.

Board footer