Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi guys.  Here is a question I just recieved on my current auction.  Can any of you make any sense to this?

Here it is:

1.     dear customer, you can choose whatever items you like.all items here are cheaper than you bid on ebay or buy somewhere else.meanwhile, the quality is same. maybe you will find the item you like if you would like to spend only 1 minute. thanks, good luck! http://replica-paradise.com MY E-MAIL:replica.paradise@gmail.com MSN: replica.paradise@gmail.com

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I just went to thier website.  It looks like spam that someone is using ebay to draw people to thier website. bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Wow... that's a weird one!  I'd just forward the message to :

spoof@eBay.com

It just sounds like exactly what Erin said... some twisted way of contacting you as a consummer to drive you to an off e Bay site.... a big no-no.... Did you check out their feedback though?  they are a Living Dead doll collector!  Hey, I'm a big believer in "to each his own."  Those dolls really give me the creeps though! 

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi Judi and Erin

This whole ebay is starting to get pretty scary. I have been watching all the post on here about ebay.  bear_shocked  bear_original

This is not focused at Judi or Erin or has anything to do with what they said in this post - just me speaking my mind. I got to tell you all here on TT

I will not use them anymore. I do understand that there is a lot of collectors shopping on there and we bear makers rely on them for bear sales; and it is really big - most popular etc.  But I think it is also getting to be a place for scammers and underhanded people to use and abuse. I think that teddy bear artists should stop using ebay and collectors should stop shopping there. There are better online places to go to. I just feel that with most business - without the customers they have no business. 
I am not angry at ebay or any of their members. It is just this. If you do not support that kind of actions - it will only create positive reactions. I for one do not what my bears connect to such negative business practices. Teddy bears are for - love - kindness - caring and giving feelings. I just don't see how that will work when the collector goes to buy a bear and has a bad experience.  kinda defeats the propose I would think. I for one will not use ebay again. I will support the people who are working hard to give us positive placings to sell our bears. We all know who that is - Bid 4 Bears at Nancy site. Here at TT. So I ask you. Who do you want to support?

And for those of you who like to shot the messenger - that is ok too. Cause I agree with all that has been said here on TT concerning ebay and the negative business practices.
A wise woman on here said "we need to be more aware!" I add. We need to also do something about it. Actions do not happen without motion. I say bravo wise lady! At lest you tried to do something about it.

Hugs to you all
Kassie

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I know what you mean Kassie.  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Ebay is such a HUGE business now it is a buffet for no-goods.  Just look at all the targets they have all in one place..it's a one-stop-shopping-mall for  anyone to send emails to not only buyers/bidders, but also sellers. bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

I do like ebay.  I think we just have to keep our eyes peeled for spoof emails.  I also like Bid 4 Bears.  I think if we all support Bid 4 Bears, in time it could be really big! bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
Judi wrote:

I think if we all support Bid 4 Bears, in time it could be really big! bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been directing my customers there bear_thumb and I notice that every day there are more registered users! YAY!!!

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hey Judi and Kim, 

thanks Judi.  bear_original   
I like ebay too - my husband uses ebay a lot for his hat business. But I think a lot of the hatters on there would be very upset if this happen to their auctions. Boy I wouldn't want a group of mad hatters after me.  bear_grin  bear_grin   
I just feel - well I said what I think. I just believe we can change this is we choose.   
I would like Nancy site to do well too. I also think all the sites could work together well if there was no scammers out there messing with the teddy bear business.
hugs 
Kassie

Board footer