Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Tosca1.jpgHi this Tosca, he is one of my mohair/needle felted bears. He has just sold on eBay for a very low price. I was very dissapointed as he had 17 watchers and ended at a very low price a quarter of what I would have liked for him. This was very dissapointing as I need the money to pay my veterinary bills. I hope you like him!

Tosac2.jpg

Hugs Jane.  :hug:

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

He is very very cute, dear Jane, and I love his smile,  but I must admit I prefer your fully mohair Doodlebears  bear_wub  bear_wub.
But sure, he should have reached high bids !!! :(

Lots of hugs,
Marion bear_original

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Actually I like him a lot. I don't collect bears but still know when I like something! I had a little bear go for £18 after Christmas  bear_sad  but it started picking up later on. I always remember what Shelli said about keeping your ebay profile up by listing every week. Good luck Jane and don't get too dissapointed, ebay is a fickle old bird!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

He is wonderful!  Sorry he didnt sell very well bear_sad

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

He is adorable.  I know where you're coming from with ebay.  I have been listing several bears lately because I need the money to help recover from all we've faced.  I have been very happy with some, but not so happy with others.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I love him, Jane, and so sorry he didn't do well on ebay.  You did very, very well with his needlefelting and I really like his look.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Jane he is gorgeous! I am so sorry you did not get the well deserved dollar for him, but you sure have made someone a very happy Mom or Dad. Think of it as sharing your wonderful gift to bring a smile to someones face!

Many Hugs Louise

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Hi Jane...I wouldn't get too dispirited by ebay...it's hit and miss. I think the bear is lovely and you obviously worked hard on him.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

he is lovely Jane, some lucky lady must be happy

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Hi Jane...

I couldn't sleep, so I decided to get on one of my favorites...TT for a little while and I couldn't help but relate to your feelings, especially when you had such a darling bear.

I didn't see the acution, nor do I know what it went off for...but as I read what everyone else said, I have to agree with Amanda, quoting what Shelli said about keeping something on ebay every week.

I dont' know if you do or don't do this Jane but I really think this has a lot to do with it.
I have been told this before and I think this is very important.

Recently, I started doing this, listing every Monday, running the auction for 5 days, ending on Saturday....and I have seen a change in my auctions.
Also, I have seen a big change since I started my website.  I am getting a big response from there.  A lot is custom orders and I make sure that before I take an order, that my buyer understands that ebay is my top priority and I work orders in on days I am not working on ebay listings.

My auctions always have around 50 watchers (not that that means anything but it is a change and I find it interesting)  and this has all started since my website.

I decided to treat this bear making as a small business and give it the time it deserves.  I turned the computer off, which was a big time eating monster for me and spend my day creating.  At the present time, I am running full time and I have to say, I really am enjoying working on my little 'friends' and not being on the computer all day.
The really fun side to this now, is that I am meeting so many NEW collectors (new to me)...and really enjoying their friendship. 

Jane, if you don't run an auction everyweek...why don't you try it?  Your work is very well done with a lot of sweet personality...give it some 'gusto' and keep it out there everyweek. 

hugs,
nanc.....

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww Jane, I've been in the same position MANY MANY times, and so many times nearly hung up my needle and thread because I didn't think it was worth going on........   It took me a week to make a mohair miniature bear once, it sold for £10.50 and the buyer never even left me feedback....   bear_cry

Thing is I've got too much fabric to use up, so I still give it a go....... Ack what the heck!!!   bear_laugh   I think your bear is lovely and should have gone for more  :hug:    Please just put it down to a bad week, nobody looking and go on from there......I know I have, many times!!!   

Have you tied starting your auction at a higher price??   I have done that and been pleasantly surprised at the results!!   Also, always show your new creation in the bears for sale section here, and on Cheap Chat for that matter, it widens the audience, and we love to see!!!   bear_wub

I totally agree with Nanc too, and MUST take up her tip of turning my PC off to do some work, I MUST I MUST I MUST!!!!!! 

Take care    :hug:  :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi girls, thanks for the advice. I will start to list more on Ebay soon, but for now I have orders to fill and a couple of entries to make for a competition. I got good feedback so far so I will keep on. The only sad thing with a sale on Ebay was one of my biggest bears went missing enroute to the buyer who was not a happy bunny. I tried to track him but he just disappeared. I was able to claim but that didn't help. I had put a lot of work into that bear and I hate to think that someone who really isn't a bear lover has him thrown into a corner somewhere.
Thanks again for the advice and nice comments..

Hugs Jane  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

tinybear The SleepingElf
UK

Sweetie
I will join in and say , he is lovely
and dont take Ebay prices to heart
I cant give them away on Ebay right now ....OK I can just about  LOL
But prices are so low  bear_sad on there

they are selling for rock bottom prices ,
just have to keep plodding on  bear_smile

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Oh Jane, that bear was gorgeous, sorry to hear it didn't sell better

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Jane, your bear is so sweet - just love his happy face.
Sorry that the end price was so low and wishing for better prices next time.

How sad that your Bear went astray in the mail.
I made a bear for a Girlfriend who had just had a baby and that got lost in the mail.
Even though I did get paid out by the NZ Post it was so annoying after all the time and love
I had put into that Bear to make him extra special.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Board footer