Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Carter.jpgCarterHeadshot.jpgGuess you might think I'm stuck on purple, but actually it's not my favorite color at all.  Just happened to be dyeing a favorite sweater of my husband's that he got a couple of stains on.  The sweater was off white, so I thought a dark color would cover the spots.  Out of my many, many dye selections, he chose Rit's 'black plum'.  Just for the fun of it, I threw in a piece of natural string mohair - and made Carter out of it.  The bear isn't as dark as the sweater, but it was an interesting result.  Carter is 18" and a tad different from most of my designs.  He has a center seam, closer set eyes, and the nose is a little longer and pointed more downward than my usual.  Thanks much for looking!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Sue Ann! carter is beautiful! I love his sweet face and well....everything about him!

many Hugs Louise

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I love the colour...I must try a pastel bear...hmmmm...

Anyway...wonderfully accomplished work as always, Sue Ann

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

WildCatDancer wrote:

Does his nose have plum tones, or are they just reflecting the color. Looks interesting in the photos.

Yes, I did go over the nose with Prisma markers after I waxed it.  I used two colors to get the effect I wanted.  Thanks, Renae, Jenny, and Louise, for your nice comments!!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

sewzanne Raccoon Creek Bears
New Jersey

Carter is wonderful... and the color is great!. It's neat to see some string mohair dyed; I thought it would "fluff out" more. I don't know why I thought that!
  Suzanne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

sewzanne wrote:

Carter is wonderful... and the color is great!. It's neat to see some string mohair dyed; I thought it would "fluff out" more. I don't know why I thought that!
  Suzanne

Thanks, Suzanne . . . it probably would have 'fluffed out' more had I dried it in the dryer - but I air dried it.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

SueAnn makes the best bear i love it sue Ann absolutely fab

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hiya Sue Ann! Carter is beautiful a real work of art. Well done with him you have made a great bear and he will make someone very happy. HMMMM! Maybe one day I could buy a Past Time Bear............... bear_flower

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Well Done Sue-Ann,
                                  You have made a superb job of Carter, I love the look ,the colour ,everything is just perfect. Like Jane, maybe one day.........

Hugs Rita xxx

Glacierbaybears Glacier Bay Bears
Japan

sue ann, Carter is outstanding :clap:  :clap: every detail looks so precise, and the mohair looks wonderful :clap:  :clap: I truly love your work, you are an inspiration to us all bear_thumb

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Oh YUM, Sue Ann!  bear_original

You're a genius, creating such a macho beauty in purple. Who woulda thunk? His muzzle is perfect. I absolutely love him  bear_wub

Eileen

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Sue Ann he is wonderful!! You may have made him differently but he is still very much a Past Time bear. bear_wub  bear_wub

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Really awesome ! Marvelous color !  bear_wub

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Hi Sue Ann,

Carter is magnificent - I love his colour.

Jane P.

duff Deedle Bears
Dallas

Wow, he is very handsome!  I love the muzzle and trimming around the eyes.   It gives him a wonderful stately appearence, He certainly can pull off the color!     

Great Job!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sue Ann, the color and type of mohair are just a spectacular combination.  And I like seeing you try on a more "mature" bear face; it's fun to try something new, and to see it in the work of others.  He turned out beautifully!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Thank you so very much, everyone, for your kind and generous replies.  It's always nice to have support when you try something a little different.  Many hugs to you all!!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Oh, I think he is so handsome!  Love this bear!

Kimberly W.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Carter is a wonderful bear SueAnn - has such a darling face, as does all your bears.
I love his colour, which has turned out so well.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Densteds Densteds
Website

Oh WOW!!!! Sue Ann, he's fantabulosus!!....I love him  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Great work... :clap:  :clap:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

He's truly wonderful Sue Ann.... why can't MY husband stain a few sweaters, so I can give this a try!?   bear_wub  bear_smile

I could see the subtle difference that you mentioned.... shelli's right, the closer set eyes do give him a more mature look.... he's is still instantly recognizable as yours though!  Wonderful new look !!!!!!

bear_smile  bear_wub  bear_flower

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Thank you, thank you, ladies . . . you are so good for my self confidence!!!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

He's wonderful! I love the proportions of his body.

And that nose! Intersting that the markers stay on wax. I really love the effect.

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Carter is absolutely gorgeous Sue Ann - when i'm rich and famous i am going to treat myself to one of you truly fabulous bears!
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Penny  bear_wub

bearfacedlies Charlotte Deadman
Somerset/Devon border, England
Website

Gorgeous heather tones - and THAT FACE!  Simply delicious...

Board footer