Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Quite a few of our TeddyTalkers are going to nevada City,

Lets wish them all the best, safe journey and come home empty handed and pocket book full

Who all is going?

Thank you Shelli for the list!!!

Scott MacKenzie
Donna Mettling
Donna Butts
Bev Dodd
Bev Haring
Virginia Jasmer
Shelli Heinemann
Aleta Breese

now that's quite a list!  Which one of you is taking the camera?  All of you?  Wooohooo we should have some fun pictures!

Anyone else, fess up fess up!!

gollyhuggles
dilu

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Scott MacKenzie
Donna Mettling
Donna Butts
Bev Dodd
Bev Haring
Virginia Jasmer
Shelli Heinemann
Aleta Breese -- as visitor, not exhibitor!, on Friday

... plus the members of Scott & Donna's "Bruin Sisterhood."  I met two of these ladies last year and they're an absolute hoot.  Especially with a glass of wine or two in 'em! 

Should be great fun.

I just hope the absolute DOWNPOUR stops by Friday morning because it does effect turnout when the weather is just too icky.

Anybody seen the forecast for this weekend?

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Showers all weekend with the heaviest on Sunday.  Temps in the 50's so hopefully no snow. 
Donna

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

OH, POO!  :doh: bear_angry  bear_sad

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Not going to Nevada City but AM going to the ABC Show in Schaumburg!!!!!!!  (same weekend)  Won't have a table as I knew what with moving and then my back... that I would not be able to have enough bears done. 

ABC is trying a new format for the April show... and I've signed up as a collector for almost all of it  bear_whistle

I know Kelly and her Mom will be there - as will Janet Anderson, Amy Thornton, Bear Street... and lots more! 
please forgive me if I have forgotten anyone!  <strong>http://www.abcunlimitedproducti … /</strong>

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Oh I forgot to mention.... I know that I hope for "bad weather" for show weekends.... You always get more people attending an indoor event when the weather is not that great outside.   :pray:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

That may not be true in Nevada City, tho, where we'll be VERY close to snow, and will possibly GET some if the temps drop low enough.  Also, a few years ago, I'm told the ABC show in San Diego in January was an absolute DISASTER in terms of attendence, because they had some of the worst stormy weather San Diego has EVER seen that weekend.

Maybe it's location specific?

I'm keeping fingers crossed for a great turnout!  Must send a reminder letter and discount coupon to my mailing list, one last time!

And yes, Dale -- who is one of our "invisible" Advisors here at TT -- will be at the Schaumburg show with his enormous tables full of Intercal mohairs, and probably also his lovely lady, Judy.  Say hi to him for me; I'll miss him this year in NC!  He was my neighbor table last year!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh dear, what awful weather you guys are having!  It was 92 here yesterday!  Had a 'cold front' move through last night, so today is going to be only a beautiful 78.  Wish we could get some of your rain, though.  It's still pretty dry, even with 4 inches of wet stuff 2 weeks ago.  Good luck to all of you who are 'showing' this weekend.  Hope everyone sells like crazy and has a terrific time!

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Shelli wrote:

That may not be true in Nevada City, .....Maybe it's location specific?

Well I'd agree that "storms" would not be good bear_wacko   But when you've had 5-6 months of wintery gloomy weather here in Chicago and then you get that "first good weekend" of sunny and 70 (like last year's ABC April show) it can really bring attendance down!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

SNOW?  bear_angry I put my order in for warm California sunshine!  I said I wanted to go sightseeing.....not snow skiiing!!  It's only Monday though.  Perhaps my order will be filled by the time Friday rolls around.  Fingers and toes crossed!!  You do realize don't you, how hard it is to sew with crossed fingers?!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

To all those going to the Nevada show and to Laura and anyone else going to Schaumburg:

We demand a full report and pictures!   bear_grin

I wish I could go to both (or at least one).   bear_original

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Lucky for me that Mindy has Schaumburg covered bear_original

Esmerldas Esmerldas
Colorado Springs, CO

Just a little insite to the Nevada City show for those of you poor souls who've never been:

The show is held in the Miner's Foundry, a building over 100 years old with all of the oddities that go with it.  The best weather show is hail....on a METAL roof....it can be quite noisy!  It is a wonderful facility tho' and its come a long way from the portapotties in the parking lot of 15 years ago.

In the past we've had "thunder snow" and all other varieties of weather.  The worse thing about bad weather is that it discourages folks from the Reno, NV area from coming over the pass to visit us.

We're just about down to counting the hours!

"Trust your instincts, close your eyes and LEAP!"

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Best of luck to all those attending the shows!
I hope that you sell all your Bears and have lots of fun

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Sounds like you will all be having fun at the weekend. Me! Well I'll be having my carpets clean. Whoopee!!!

Poo, I wanna go to a show...sulking now!!!!

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry   Jane.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

I wish you all have a wonderful time, fun fun and more fun at the show !! bear_smile

I really wish I could go Nevada to see you all..  bear_smile

Hugs/Marie

zemeski Posts: 434

Hey girls, I wish I could attend a teddy bear show!!! Where I live and where they are all held are sooooo far away. I would have to take up a donation just to get their and back!!! I never have been to one and I never have been an exhibitor. I wish the Southern States would get more teddy push for stuff like that!!! Any way be sure and take lots of pictures and information so I can attend here on teddy- talk!! Good luck to you all!! I know you all have worked hard to get teddy bears ready for the show!!! It sounds like Shelli stressed her way through trying to get enough teddy bears ready to go!! A BIG JOB!! I hope her family survived her mad rush!! HA! HA! Be safe and have fun most of all!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

I think I have slept, maybe, six hours, total, over the last three nights.  I'm like the waking dead here.  My fingers are killing me, all full of poked holes and bloody wee scabs, and covered in ink and glue residue from my ACEO-making efforts (I'm taking about 20.)  All I have to say is, THANK GOODNESS I only attempt this once a year. 

I do, however, have some very nice bears made!

Thanks for the good wishes.  I'm looking forward to a very fun show.  Keep fingers crossed we get good attendance.  If not, you'll see my stuff at my retailers or on eBay right quick!  Gotta get those bills paid!

Hugs to all,

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Ouch Shelli!  I'll have my fingers crossed for you, and all out other Teddy Talkers for the Nevada City Show and the Shaumberg show!   :hug:  bear_wub  bear_smile

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

ScottBear scott's bears

Thank you all for the good thoughts and crossed fingers for a good show....I am now feeling the "get-er-done" pressure I was on track and my arm was better from creating a new collection of needle felted mini's!!! yes mini's from me and then I had crap happen from the EX and lost more then a day and money I did not have to start with and bla bla bla creep....Gotto end my break and get to work to finish the 5 bears i still have to get done ...pray pray pray....
BEARHUGS
SCOTT

i WILL BE THE ONE THAT WILL BE BRING THE LAPTOP TO UPLOAD PICS SO HOPEFULLY SHELI AND I WILL BE ABLE TO GET IT TO WORK...LOLOLO

Board footer