Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Gator-b-ball-2006-champtions-pic.jpggators-hoist-bball-trophy.jpgGators won their first ever national championship last night in basketball!!!!!!

For those that don't follow college basketball or who live outside the USA, the University of Florida Gators' (where I graduated from) mens basketball team won the national championship game last name.  It's the NCAA tournament, and they start off with 64 teams (these teams are invited to the tournament).  The teams keep playing each other until there is the last game that determines the national champion.  It's like the playoffs.  They call the tournament March Madness and the Big Dance. 

The Gators weren't even ranked before the season started, and they are a young team that was not expected to do anything.  And now they won the whole thing!   I'm so excited!!!   

Not sure if there are any other sports fans here?  I love basketball and football (American football, not soccer). 

Go Gators!!

The picture above is coach Billy Donovan holding the trophy.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Well done the Gators!!! You would be so proud Chrissie.   bear_thumb
How very exciting especially after not being ranked before the start of the season.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Chrissie,
I know zip about sport full stop, however I do know to come from nowhere in any competition to win is fabulous - so well done Gators :dance:  :clap:  and as you graduated from the same place I bet you are super proud - maybe this is only the first of many wins bear_thumb  bear_thumb
:hug:

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Congratulations on the win. I'm here in Ontario but I know about basketball cause every year my favourite shows are not on TV because of March Madness! Fortunately that is pretty much the only sport  my husband watches.  bear_tongue

Marion

Board footer