Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

O Dear, i have spent ages and ages saying that i would get some ATC cards made, went out bought loads of bits and bobs for decorating them and then never got around to starting any.

Well, our dearest darling Dilu sent me a beeeoootiful ATC with one of her gorgeous gollies on and said "Don't worry PenPen, just make me one when you have time" Little did she know how long she would have to wait bless her!

So i sat down and started on it.........i stuck, pasted, stuck again, snipped and clipped until my floor looked like there had been a wedding and then i discovered.............i don't like the sticky on bits!
bear_sad

I decided to start again from scratch, only this time i would only draw or paint. I finally finished Dilu's ATC (but i shan't post it here cos it would ruin the suprise) and then decided to have a go at doing one for putting on Bid4Bears, so here it is.

A pen and ink/watercolour pencil sketch titled "Time to come in" A little bear has been playing in the garden and has just been called in for his dinner.

I have'nt painted or drawn anything for about 6 years now so i'm not sure i'm any good, i'll leave that up to you to decide.

resizedATC.JPG

I have added the ATC to Bid4Bears.

The scan has cut off a bit of the picture on the left hand side so there is a little more of the door on the original

Penny  :P

As you did'nt all fall on the floor laughing at my effort i have gotten bolder and added "The Magicians Apprentice" to Bid4Bears too

magiciansapprentice.JPG

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Pen-Pen.... your card is just lovely!!!!!!  I didn't know you could draw & paint!  It looks just like something out of a wonderful children's book!  I am so impressed.... and a wee bit envious!!!!!! )  I can do ANYTHING two dimentional!  Nothing!  My sketches look like something done by a 4 year old!   bear_whistle  bear_wub  bear_whistle

Kim Basta
Wild thyme Originals

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Aaaw Penny,
Just adorable - love the little guys face and tummy - I think you are fibbing when you say you have not drawn for 6 years - this is a terrific card  :dance:  :dance: - I am sure it will be tremedously popular on bid4bears - definitely multi-talented Penny!!! :clap:  :clap:

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Very beautiful card ! An original drawing by Pen-Pen, that's really great ! bear_wub

Starlite wrote:  I think you are fibbing when you say you have not drawn for 6 years

No honestly Anne love, i have'nt drawn a thing since my son went off to University to study fine art and 'borrowed' all my art supplies. I never had the time to do any artwork for ages and just did'nt get around to replacing the supplies.
I am glad you think the ATC is ok  :hug:

Penny  bear_wub

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website
Penny wrote:

I am glad you think the ATC is ok

That card is more than just okay, Penny dear!!   It is outstanding!!!!!!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  I haven't done any painting or sketching for years either, and there's no way I could do something that wonderful now.  I'm turning green here........Penny Picasso!  bear_grin

:hug:
Tracy

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

I really love the card and I think your drawing is wonderful. You would do lovely illustrations for the childrens books I always wanted to write  bear_grin   bear_grin

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Penny,

I am absolutely in AWWWWWWWWW of your talent.  You never cease to surprise and amaze me.

I love it!!!  I said it once, I'll say it again...George has no idea what he's missing.

Shantell

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wonderful!  I love it!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Totally talented Penny!!!  You rock, Girl!!  Absolutely wonderful ATCs and I'm sure will do well on auction!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Penny, Beautiful cards.  I think I am leaning more towards drawing my own rather than scrapbooking  them.  Lovely..really really LOVELY!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Penny your cards are so GORGEOUS.  I am in awe of your sketching talent.  I simply love them ! You have such  hidden talents.  Thanks for posting the pics.  :clap:  :clap:

Ha HA Judi - i just said that on YOUR ATC posting!!!  bear_laugh  bear_tongue  bear_grin

Great minds think alike  bear_whistle

Thank you  :hug:

Penny

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Really nice...does look like childrens book illustrations...wonderful!....Winney

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww Penny, if I'd have known I would have LOVED you to do the watercolour for my website pages.......

Anyway, absolutely amazing, I love watercolours, so soft and subtle....<sigh> ....... You are so clever, I agree with Shantell, George doesn't know what he's missing!!!   :hug:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Penny they are absolutely wonderful!!!   bear_wub

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Penny they are stunning cards ........ what talent

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh My Gollygoodness, Penpen these are simply lovely!  Truly wonderful.  I am so glad yu had a go!  Three cheers!  I can hardly wait.....

hugs

dilu

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

MORE!!!!!

Pweeze!

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Penny your cards a just gorgeous i haven't got around to it yet but i think i will start today first i have to go out and get some  stuffffff to start ha!ha! everyone has such different ideas ,

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

They look great, Penny!   bear_original

Thank you my dears  :hug:

BluebearyButterfly1.JPG

And here's another one. 'The Bluebeary Butterfly' the scanner never quite catches the true colour or delicacy of the work - it's much nicer in reality.

Penny  bear_wub

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Penny they are fantastic! Hidden talents, well not quite your bears and graphics show how artistic you are. MORE PLEASE! :dance:

Shantell wrote:  I love it!!!  I said it once, I'll say it again...George has no idea what he's missing

I've always liked you Shantell, you have such intelligence and taste and you say the nicest things
:dance:  :hug:  bear_tongue

Clare wrote: Anyway, absolutely amazing, I love watercolours, so soft and subtle....<sigh> ....... You are so clever, I agree with Shantell, George doesn't know what he's missing!!!   

You see, there are two fabulously sensible intelligent girls here who know what they are talking about......

...........now if i could only get GC to see your point of view  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Penny  bear_laugh  bear_tongue  bear_grin

Board footer