Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Well, I thought I would give this ATC thing a try.  I'm not sure about this whole thing.  I made seven.  They took hours to make.  I started off with white cards, then I airbrushed a midnight background...three layers of colors plus the stars.  The stars reqired masking for the hard edges.

Then I cut and pasted (spray adhesive glue actually) the bears/tigers/lion-lamb photos, then sprayed with an acrylic crystal clear coating to protect the surface.    Then I added genuine Austrian crystals in three shades of blues and pinks, some with aurora-borealis coatings...and some other do-dads.

The AUstrain crystal are BRILLIANTLY sparkly in the light. bear_wub

All in all I thought these were very time consuming.  I don't know if I will be making any more like these.  I may just do paintings and drawings on the next ones..if there are any "next ones".ATC-2-lion-bear-1.JPG

ATC-2-tigers-1.JPG

ATC-3-1.JPG

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

THUMP !!!!!!  That's the sound of my jaw hitting the floor !!   Your cards are breathtaking Judi.  That airbrushing with the crystals is so magical.  Are you putting them on bid4bears ?  I want one !   :clap:  :clap:

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

They are beeeeeyoooootiful ATC's Judi  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

But i have to agree with you, it's very time consuming and i bet you would be able to paint some absolutely stunning ones.

Throw out the doodads and get the paintbrush out  :dance:  :hug:

Penny  bear_wub

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thanks Tammy!   :hug: I just wasn't sure about them ..really...I almost threw them out until my daughter told me she wanted one.

I am going to post them on Bid 4 Bears except for the goldenbear...the edge is a bit damaged and my daughter wants that one anyway...that worked out just right., eh?

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thanks Penny.  I LOVE YOUR cards.

I really just could not believe how

long

these took to make....and what a mess my kitchen was too after words.......can't work on these in my workshop...it's full to the brim with bear stuff!!!

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Oh Judi!!  These are awesome!!  bear_wub  Totally puts my first attempts to shame........I might be able to live with that if you're planning to put these on Bid4Bears. bear_grin  bear_grin   I want one too!! bear_wub

:hug:
Tracy

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Beautiful Judi ...really stunning effects....Winney

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Judi... they are absolutely wonderful!!!! I love the fact that you airbrushed them too, since that is something you are so known for!  bear_wub  bear_smile  bear_wub

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

HOLY CATNIP BATMAN!
Those are awesome!

nt

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

I almost threw them out

no no no!  Judi these are amazing - whew, I am so glad you posted them here.....these are stunning!!!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

WOW!!!!!!!!!

Sooooo... when are these going on Bid4Bears??????? bear_wub

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Amazing!! Your talent knows no bounds.  bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Judi,
Your cards are tremendous - just like your bears and critters - I can not decide which one of the photos I like best - infact I love them all  bear_wub - waht a talented lady!! :clap:  :clap:
:hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thank you.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: ...well I guess I am glad I did not throw them out after all........ I have listed some on www.bid4bears.com

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Judi what wonderful ATC's they are amazing .......

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh my....Oh my gollygoodness....first Penny comes out of the closet and now Judy?  Beautiful work Judi, just beautiful.....

Oh if you made one of Cozy I would move heaven and earth to trade with you....what could I do?  That would be good enough?

stunned

dilulikins

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

I Think they  are magnificent Judi, it makes me feel that i want to try and make one .

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Dilu, I don't think I still have a photo of Cozy.  DO you have one?  I would be happy to make for you with Cozy on it.

Thanks for the nice comments ladies :dance:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

JUDI, THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  These are beautiful, Judi!  bear_flower

I love the way the beasties hold center-stage. Without too much glop they pop.

Next time you're tempted to throw something (anything) out, if your very intelligent daughter fails to stop you, send it to me, COD.

Eileen

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I love your ATCs!   bear_wub

Dilu or Judi,

Who is Cozy?  Do you have pics?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

They are brilliant, Judi . . . so glad you decided not to throw them away!

Celena Oxford

Phew!!! Luckily you DIDN'T throw them away....SUCH LOVELY CARDS  bear_wub

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

JUDI they are really wonderful.

bear_wub

How could you even think of throwing them out. I can't make anything at the moment because I have cut deeply into my finger. I'm having to type with my finger stuck up in the air......stupid me!!!!!!!

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
doodlebears wrote:

I can't make anything at the moment because I have cut deeply into my finger. I'm having to type with my finger stuck up in the air......stupid me!!!!!!!

OUCH Jane!!! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:   sorry, but I am giggling here, picturing you sitting at your computer with your finger up in the air!

Board footer