Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

OK, feeling a bit off-center today, so weird thoughts waft through...
This is the only board/list that I'm on that replaces the smilies for words that describe the mood. 

I usually lose the impact of the next sentence while my mind wanders off on it's own, to interpret and interject the words :clap:   :smile:   bear_cry   :frustrated:, etc... into a writer's thoughts.

Seeing the actual icon just lends itself to the overall mood of the writer rather than stopping at every word and actually reading it.

Are these purposely set up in reverse, to show the word rather than the 'mood'? Is it me or is it me???? 

bear_grin  bear_grin  ....... or do I mean :o) 

I typed that faster - with my 1 typing finger - than it takes to figure out what each of those icons will reveal in words  instead of just pasting a pic of itself.

Creeping back under the rock in my dark, dark closet....

suburban Chicago

And going into another thread, 'pick me up by Shantell', Heather's post has real icons, though not the ones seen here , and everyone else's reply has the words.

How's you do that??!!!!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

ha ha ha
Bobbie, go here. Lots of awsome smilies b045.gif  g050.gif  g035.gif

http://www.cosgan.de/smilie.php?wahl=15 … rschiedene

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hee Hee!  bear_laugh   bear_laugh   bear_laugh

As time has gone by here at TT we went from having a dozen or so yellow smiley faces with various 'moods' to the bear heads AND smileys with more moods that we really needed!! (Thanks, Quy!) Like the dancing face, pray face and clap face. Most of us have 'grown' with the faces and they are second nature to either 'click' into our text or type in.

The 'other' icons, not found above are found on other websites where the 'text' for the icon is cut and pasted into the post here. Here is one such website: http://www.cosgan.de/smilie.php?wahl=2&ziel=frech Just click on the desired smiley or icon you want and at the bottom will be the text in [img]brackets... this is the text you'll paste here. It's nothing fast quick and simple but as most of us are moody (I mean that in a good way) and exoressive we find the faces help 'express ourselves'.

s070.gif

Daphne

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

g035.gif

Oh, my gosh, he's so cool, Heather! I hadn't seen him... haven't taken the time to sift through them all!

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

Quy Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

rkr4cds wrote:

Are these purposely set up in reverse, to show the word rather than the 'mood'? Is it me or is it me????

Please check your setting under Profile -> Display -> "Show smilies as graphic icons" is checked.

Quy bear_original

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

o045.gif He He He - where'd you get Pooh, Heather?

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Kim................he's on that site, in the animals section.  r010.gif
n020.gif

suburban Chicago

THANK YOU, QUY!!

I *knew* there had to be a reason! I just accepted the default settings when I joined last month. This site/list is so unlike any other - a Good Thing! - that I didn't monkey around with anything. (I've just figured out how to find all of my past posts...)

From the abumdance of 'words-instead-of-icons' in most other ppl's posts, they haven't known about clicking this option either!

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

LOL I am glad you got the answer you were looking for Bobbie...but this topic was very helpful to me today...I have a friend who calls my Needle Felting "Sock Puppets" so I sent him this smiley  c035.gif

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Thanks, Heather, found em!

c055.gif

Board footer