Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Hi everyone,
I have just been advised that there is a new auction scam going on.  I'm not sure what we can do about it though.  It is not through ebay, it is a site called http://www.musistrument.com/strong-08/index.html
If anybody knows anything about this please advise me what I can do.  The have one of my bears on there right now that they have stolen the auction for.  The bear was sold a few weeks ago to another artist through ebay, and I am sure it hasn't been relisted.  They also have several other artists bears listed and I am sure they have stolen these auctions too.

Jane P.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

How about the simple straight forward approach...email them and tell them that your photographs, bear and name are copyrighted and they are in violation and to please remove YOUR bear, name, photographs from their site immediately or you'll peruse legal action.

Then see what happens...I have no idea if you have any recourse...other than that I have no idea how you get these idiots to quit thinking they can just take take take.

AUGH!!!  bear_angry   bear_angry   bear_angry  (this is my mean voice and face...I rarely use it).

I tried to email them, but when I clicked on the email address the usual little box didn't pop up.  Instead it was as if I was downloading a web page, with numbers clicking off in the left hand lower corner of my computer, so I got nervous and just "X'd" out.  I am not at all computer savy, so don't know if this is normal or not, but I wasn't going to take a chance.  I have tried to let as many of the "victim" artists know, and maybe they will have some suggestions.  I haven't been able to find a site for Sher-Bear or for Sh Teddys - so if anyone knows how to get in touch with them, please let them know.
Thanks,

Jane P.

Willamette Valley Oregon

Well shoot...I'm like you not very savvy to the wiley ways anymore and tend to either stop or not start something I'm unsure of.  Can you find the other artist on Ebay at all.

Chrissy from I Love Teddies might have something on her site...let me take a peek.

Willamette Valley Oregon

Okay...I'm back...

Is this the Sher Bears you were referring to.  Here's a link to her website http://shersbears.youngmonkey.ca/

I found it on Chrissy of I Love Teddies website.  She has a very nice list of artists and their website address.  I did not find the other artist.

Shantell

I looked on ebay, and that is how I managed to get in touch with a few of them.  Time to get ready for bed now, I'm an early to bed kind of gal, so I'll get back on it in the morning - maybe with any luck it will have all gone away by them - ha ha!

'Nite,
Jane P

Erin, I think I am Ok, my computer is brand new, and has McAfee on it, with antispyware and such.
Thanks,
Jane P.

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

I received this message as a question on my listing yesterday and it is the same website:

Q: dear friend,we are a wholesaler for dolls, there are different style dolls and the most updated .this is our website : WWW.MUSISTRUMENT.COM ,you can browse our website . all items listed in our site are avaliable .we promise you that the price will be competitive .we have been in the business for several years.our business i s mainly facing oversea .many customers from different countries .we have established a long - term business relationship .now in order to expand our business we start a new trip and hope more customers can join in our business and make much money together .we are eager to do the business with you ,my msn : sunshinebusiness@188.com .thanks very much ,and looking forward to your coorporation

The user ID is utge4jh and the location is China. I didn't know what it was all about so I just ignored it but now I will report it to ebay.

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

terrie - I got that one today and I know someone was on here the other day saying they'd got it too. 

flipping annoying people

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Shantell, I just looked and it's Sherr-Bears not Sher's Bears.  Anyway, I love Sherr-bears work and watch her auctions all the time, and just contacted her through Ebay.  I also tracked down SH-Teddy's in Germany and notified her.  I thought they  might be harder to locate as they don't have current auctions running.  I gave them both the address for Teddy-Talk, in case they want to chat with other artists who have been affected .   I think the rest of them should have been contacted as they seemed to have current auctions running.  It's friggin awful that you can't even sell your work without someone in China ripping you off!  I hope there is some way to shut the site down. Maybe Quy would know who to contact about this - there has to be some place that monitors crooked sites!

Hugs,

Brenda

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Jane,
I've got a bear listed at the moment and have received three seller question emails from these scammers...I reported the first one a few days ago to ebay but apparently nothing has been done about it. and I have just received two more......below is a copy of what they wrote:-

dear friend,we are a wholesaler for dolls, there are different style dolls and the most updated .this is our website : WWW.MUSISTRUMENT.COM ,you can browse our website . all items listed in our site are avaliable .we promise you that the price will be competitive .we have been in the business for several years.our business i s mainly facing oversea .many customers from different countries .we have established a long - term business relationship .now in order to expand our business we start a new trip and hope more customers can join in our business and make much money together .we are eager to do the business with you ,my msn : sunshinebusiness@188.com .thanks very much ,and looking forward to your coorporation

They are doing their advertising compliments of ebay!!!! and also stealing auctions...what creeps!!!

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Myself and Melanie had them get in contact with us through ebay. I deleted them I think maybe they hope you respond through email and then thay have got that? Rascals..... bear_angry

Willamette Valley Oregon

Thanks Brenda...

I've gotten those emails the last couple days I just reported them on to Ebay...with mention that this is happening to others in the "bear community" and then deleted the message.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh crap I got 2 of those emails about my current ebay listing from  China the other day. I just ignored them also , but I'll report them now.  I can't seem to get into this link that you gave Jane.  I'll keep trying to make sure they haven't stolen my auction also.

Thanks for the heads up !!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

UGH is right!
I have been recieving multiple emails from these people trying to get my business.  They are registered with ebay under different  ID names.  I have forwarded these emails to ebay and they have responded that they are looking into it.

I wish people would channel thier "scam" energy into something good.

Tammy,
     I couldn't get into their site using Jane's link, either, and was hoping someone had shut them down but they are still a working site.  Just type in the main part of the web address:  www.musistrument.com  and then click on DOLLS and all the bear auctions will show up.  I keep wondering if there isn't an agency to report these people to in "computerland". You hear about sites being shut down all the time - how do you go about it or is it impossible because they are located in China? 

Hugs,

Brenda

Hi Terrie,
     Ther Ebay id-  utge4jh is still active and they have been registered with ebay for 3 months, with no transactions.  It seems they just want to be able to contact artists through ebay, although I don't know why.  They've just tipped everyone off to what they are doing - doesn't make any sense, really.

Hugs,

Brenda

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

I too received that message in my ebay inbox today for my bear and bunny on auction - I have of course will not reply to them..  I just went to their website and there are lots of artists bears in the doll section... there must be a way of stopping them?....

catherine

Board footer