Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I'm not a big chocolate fan....I here the gasps!!!

But, I'm having a sweet tooth...big chocolate craving and am wondering what brands/types you folks like?

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

chestnut.jpgnippon.jpgpralineheart.jpgopenoyster.jpgMine is Godiva!  MMMM!!!I am not a big fan of chocolate either but the exception is Godiva or Reese's PB cups!

Here is the Godiva link - they are kinda pricey - http://www.godiva.com/welcome.aspx

Here are  few of my favorites..

Open Oyster
A creamy blend of finely ground hazelnuts and milk chocolate in a milk chocolate shell.

Praliné Heart
A creamy blend of finely ground hazelnuts and milk chocolate in a heart shaped milk chocolate shell.

Nippon
Milk chocolate surrounding hazelnut praliné and crisped rice, decorated in dark chocolate.

Chestnut
Chocolate cream and hazelnut praliné in milk chocolate.

I had tons of Godiva at my wedding - both for the guests as favors and on the book signing table (I had two glass bowls full of them and by the time we were ready to go into the ballroom, they were all gone!)

beary_clairey Luton

CADBURYS !! Oh yeah baby !!!

LOL

Claire

beary_clairey Luton

Kim,

Those peanut butter cups do sound good though!!!

I like the peanut butter Hershey bar !!! Yum!!

Claire

Matthea Ontario

solobar-caramel.jpgGreen and Blacks! It's organic, fairtrade and simply heavenly! My favorite is the one with the caramel filling. We got spoiled with their chocolate and now only use their cocoa for home baking too. MmmmmMMmm

http://www.greenandblacks.com/

and this Blue Toblerone (only found in Switzerland and European dutyfree airport shops) is a close second...
Anyone Swiss on these boards?? I will do nearly anything to get my hands on these!

I keep editing because I'm such a chocoholic!!
I too love Godiva! My favs are the milk chocolate raspberry-buttercream crowns, followed by the dark chocolate raspberry starfish.

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

I'm a big chocolate fan ! I love Lindt 70% cacao, which I prefer in small squares of 5 gramms

prod_70_cacao.jpg

Les chocolats de Beussent are my fovorites "pralinés"
gballotins1.jpg
http://www.choco-france.com/produits.html

but the Côte d'Or pralinés are great too
B0007MSL7K.01-AQZUPADG34B7Y._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
Cote_d_or_-_200_g_milk_praline-326x152.jpg (not sure it's the good one, but it's the same shape)

The "Suchard Dessert" is marvelous too !
5xSDdessert.jpg

(the new Van Hounten for cooking is not bad either but I prefer the Suchard. The Nestlé à Cuire is good too bear_original ).

Mmm... Now I want some chocolate !
bear_cry  bear_cry
(it's 1.31 a.m.... Not the time for chocolate  bear_sad )

Lots of hugs,
Marion bear_original

vkallum Humble-Crumble Collectors Bears
Essex, England
Website

Any Chocolate .................... the darker the better.   My absolute favourite comes from France (I've only ever found it there) and I can't remember the brand.  It's dark chocolate and contains cherry pieces, almond bits and little lumps of nougat.  Heavenly.

krystolla Fuzzbutt Bears
Columbus Ohio

Lindt. Definitely. Absolutely the best truffles and they make these thin slices of chocolate that just melt on your tongue. Lindt's white chocolate isn't as good as Godiva's, but I prefer milk or dark chocolate. I find Godiva generally a little too bitter (and pricy!) and Hershey's too sweet. I admit it, I'm a chocolate snob.

If you have a "Trader Joe's" store near you, their chocolate is really good too -- they actually have their own brand of chocolate (although the "Trader Joe's" on the label is pretty small). It's also really well priced for very good chocolate -- maybe $2 for a package of three bars.

-- Erika
Fuzzbutt Bears

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

godiva.JPGIf you werent so far away, Shantell, I would give you a bite of mine (eating it now, now that I had a craving for it LOL)

Oh more info on price - this bar is 1.5 oz (43g)  for $2.75 so it is pricey but SOOOO WORTH IT! And now that I finished the whole bar, I feel like  a piggy!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Lindt

Ritter Sport

Godiva

Dove

Hersey's Symphoney

and then if I am slumming- Snickers minis

I'll eat your share honey,

bear_tongue

Oh and the hot chocolate that I had at the hotel in Denmark in 1968 was pure, thick, rich decadant and had to be sinful- and I have never found it again anywhere, I really wish I knew how they did that-

sigh

bear_cry

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I knew you would get into this topic, Dilu! LOL :hug:

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

I LOVE Lindor chocolates!

lindor.jpg

They melt in your mouth!

Willamette Valley Oregon
kbonsall wrote:

If you werent so far away, Shantell, I would give you a bite of mine (eating it now, now that I had a craving for it LOL)

Oh more info on price - this bar is 1.5 oz (43g)  for $2.75 so it is pricey but SOOOO WORTH IT! And now that I finished the whole bar, I feel like  a piggy!

Oink oink...but it's the thought that counts, right!!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Milk chocolate of any kind.
Peanutbutter cups are my favorite.
Hot chocolate in my coffee.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
shantell wrote:
kbonsall wrote:

If you werent so far away, Shantell, I would give you a bite of mine (eating it now, now that I had a craving for it LOL)

Oink oink...but it's the thought that counts, right!!!

HE HE HE... I enjoyed it though LMAO

Willamette Valley Oregon

I don't have a favorite but I LOVE Chocolate Reisens...but I think it's the caramel more than the chocolate.

I can eat the WHOLE bag in one sitting and then whine that my jaws hurt... bear_wacko

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
shantell wrote:

I don't have a favorite but I LOVE Chocolate Reisens...but I think it's the caramel more than the chocolate.

I can eat the WHOLE bag in one sitting and then whine that my jaws hurt... :wacko:

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

I LOVE all chocolate - I'll eat anything as long as it has the word chocolate in the description!

Jane P.

nettie scotland
Website

I like Bournville,greenand blacks ,galaxy ,but most of all cadbury's.I have tasted the peanut butter cups but I just don't like peanut butter mixed with anything.A long long time agoin a place faraway my ex husband made pasta with a green pepper and peanut butter sauce!!!!???since then I hate it with anything but toast.
The worst thing I ever tasted was a slice of toast(I thought it was buttered) with dairylee and syrup!!!yuk ,mind you once we were having an outdoor birthday party in the sunshine.I was whipping cream on a huge garden table,Isplashed some on my finger and sucked it off,it was in fact bird********it.That takes a lot of beating!!!!
Sorry I spoiled the lovely chocolate thread!!!
Diane xxx

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

CADBURYS  CADBURYS  CADBURYS  CADBURYS  CADBURYS  CADBURYS  CADBURYS  CADBURYS     

CADBURYS  CADBURYS  CADBURYS  CADBURYS  CADBURYS  CADBURYS   CADBURYS  CADBURYS

Oh yeah I like Cadburys chocolate!

And my mostist favourite...drooling now!!!!...is 'FRYs TURKISH DELIGHT'

Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
   Jane   bear_tongue

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

wiskytruffles.jpgwhiskytruffles.jpgThorntons Wisky truffles mmmmmmmmmmmm

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Wow all of this chocolate looks so good!!!.....even first thing in the morning bear_grin  I like my chocolate mixed......with carmel or nuts or raisins or  peanut butter, or..... etc. My favorite is Quality Street.

Willamette Valley Oregon

eat straight out of Nutella chocolate jars.

Guilty...I love Nutella...warmed poured over vanilla icecream!!!   SIMPLY HEAVEN!!!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Not picky here!!!! I'll take it any way I can get it!  man... when I was a kid I used to eat the bittersweet BAKING chocolate that my Mom used to hide in the pantry for making homemade cakes!  Awful... I know~!   bear_whistle  She'd buy it... then everytime she went to make a cake, it was GONE! 

I do tend to prefer darker chocolates as opposed to milk chocs.

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

zemeski Posts: 434

I love any and all chocolate!! I think I would have to say Cadbury is my favorite though!!

Board footer