Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I am just not sure
how to tell the Hubs.

The last few days I have been  buying little things off e-bay-

Things I need for a new project I have been planning.....but i thought why not order them now and by the time I get back from the hospital i will have all these little parcels here waiting for me.

Now does that sound like fun?!

stamps-for stamping fabric

beads for embelishments

Gee I wonder what else I can get into?  Hmmmmm

any ideas?

I heartily recc0mend this type of retail therapy....keep it small but lots of different small items and plan it so you get the stuff when you get home.

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Oh yeah and the other thing i have this compulsion to do?  Clean.....today 10 minutes before we were supposed to leave for the hospital for 'orientation' was oiling the wood in the bathroom...... bear_original

I wonder what else I can get into now....... bear_whistle

bear_tongue

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Dilu wrote:

Oh yeah and the other thing i have this compulsion to do?  Clean.....today 190 minutes before we were supposed to leave for the hospital for 'orientation' was oiling the wood in the bathroom...... bear_original

I wonder what else I can get into now....... bear_whistle  :P

Good grief, Diane . . . you are mad, woman!!!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

"Clean.....today 190 minutes "
Dilu Dilu Dilu ! Oh my my my your are
doing super-woman work !?    bear_laugh  :clap:

I love your idea,  " retail therapy". bear_thumb
Hugs/Marie

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Sounds good to me Di. I had all kinds of craft things to do waiting for me at home after my operation last September. It was great because I didn't have to ask people to find things fore me. I had each project in bags ready for me to do when I returned home. Although I must admit I haven't finished all of them even now.
Good luck with your hospital stay.

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

clare14 Country Bears
England

Retail therapy is THE BEST Dilu, and Ebay items are even better 'cos you get them delivered too!!!   YAY!!!   Take good care my friend, and feel better soon!!!   We want to see those new things you're planning, so please take us guys some pics!!   :hug:  :hug:

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Dilu, me too think it's the best therapy!

Ask hubby to order some surprises while you will be out.. maybe another bear or bunny!  bear_wub

Please, take care and come back soon!

I just got back from 2 weeks of hospitalization....hate it...
Take care..
with love and care, your Russian friend, Julia :hug:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh Dilu... won't it be fun if you have lots of little packages to open and explore and sort and play with waiting for you when you get back and feel like playing!?
Sounds great!  :dance:  :dance:

Kim Basta
Wild tHyme Originals

Dilu Posts: 8,574

WCD

You wildlady you....I think we had the same mom because that is what I hear in my head.....if I died the church ladies would be over.....feeding my honey and going through  my stuff and tsk tsk tsking.  However there aren't any church ladies he particularily likes....he is baffeled by them! bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Anyone remember the song from Fiddler on the Roof.....where the gohst of Fumasera comes back screeching about her pearls?  She doesn't want Teva's daughter marring her husband the butcher?  Ha!

My mom in law just called.  She ordered 10 2 pound boxes of Sees candy ( a really good brand of chocolates over here) She wants me to pass them out...to the houskeeper and the gal that draws blood and the nurses, and the doctors office and the lady who brings the meals and .....Maybe the gardner will bring me some flowers and he can have one.

my mom in law is soo funny....she tips everyone- the lady at the Subway shop ( her favorite eat out place!) the guy who used to fill the gas tank when she still drove.  The boy who would take her groceries out to the car.

And you all are saying isn't she nice.....yeah.....She really is!  She used $20 bills.  Everymonth she would take $300 dollars in 20's out of the bank and like the pied piper, spread cheer  and greenbacks (Money) wevery where she went.

When we started managing her money and she still wanted to do it we said fine, but if you run out you have to come live with us......she has drastically curtailed her tipping as she hates the idea of living in the country and not in big busy San Diego County.

I had already bought a really nice easter basket and about 10 bags of chocolate miniature type candies, dove eggs, hershey miniatures, snickers, mars, etcetcetc.....To have on the table in the room that is right by the entrance, that way they can help themselves, but i wanted everything individually wrapped.  Actually the hubs went and bought it because i couldn't and he of course got the stuff he likes!  Too funny.  The hospital administrator will be complaining that all his staff are on sugar highs and bouncing off the ceilings.

Thanks for the support ladies, I shall use that as a go ahead to stroll through e-bay again!

hugs

dilu

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I love retail therapy!  After Hurricane Wilma last year, we went to Orlando for a week because we were sick of not having power and water.  Plus, there was no gas and people couldn't go anywhere because they didn't want to use up their gas.  Tons of people from South Florida were up there too.  And most of them were shopping.  We went to the mall there and saw people we knew plus we talked to other people from South Florida.  Everyone was ready to shop after being stuck at home. 

Dilu, do you want to come over and clean my house?   bear_tongue  bear_grin    Your mother in law sounds really funny.   bear_original    Take care.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer