Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website
Tracy wrote:

Did I spell 'anime' right?  bear_tongue

I have never made a bear in this style, and have been thinking about trying one.  This would be totally different from anything I've designed in the past, and would be a nice challenge.  Anyone else up to the task? bear_grin  bear_grin   The challenge would be for any and all......those who, like me, have never done this as well as those artists already skilled with the anime designs.

:hug:
Tracy

This thread was started yesterday in the challenges forum, and following the wonderful advice of Amanda, I am placing it here as well so more TT'ers have a chance to see it! bear_flower

Tracy

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I've just started the head, I'm in.  :dance:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

The next bear for my show inventory will be anime . . . is it okay for people who've already made the anime style to participate?

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I'm in, I'm in!!!! I have him cut out and ready to sew!!!!

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Anime rules

There are none, go for it and break them! bear_grin

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website
Amanda wrote:

Anime rules

There are none, go for it and break them!

What she said!! bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Everyone is welcome to join in Sue Ann!! 
Shouldn't we have a 'deadline' for this?  Say a month or so from now maybe?  Mother's Day? 

Tracy

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

I would love to make one too! I am also stumped where to start.
Sonya

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

LOL ...Start with the head...LOL... I just had to say that.. he, he.

Well the head is big and the arms,legs and body are porportionally what appears to be too small. If you can find a picture of a " Poor Kitty" japanese doll that would give us an idea just what the relation of size is for Anime.

The head also appears not to have much definiton at the bridge...head looks like a ball mostly....eyes are definatly slid down off the face ...NO hard fast rules here...just go for it !  Hmmmm, now where is that Orange in the frig ?Winney

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

lol winney bear_grin
I stayed up late and made a pattern, and started my first anime bear. boy does she look funny!!  bear_tongue  bear_tongue  bear_laugh

I will show her when done.

maybe

Sonya
bear_laugh

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Can your hubby "save" them?  My design is just moving hte nose above the eyes and spacing the eyes wide.... I hope the pic I have in my head comes out in the final product!!!!!!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Erin, Anime is a sinch.  Just make your head large, placing the eyes low and wide and make a small body with stumpy legs and little arms.

I just made one a couple of days ago.  Very EASY and cute.  I'll post pictures when I take them.

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

I haven't made a fabric anime yet, but to give you a general idea, here are some of my crocheted animes (again) sporting two different head shapes.

akina3.jpg Kamekosmall.jpg

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
whiteforestbears wrote:
kbonsall wrote:

Can your hubby "save" them?  My design is just moving hte nose above the eyes and spacing the eyes wide.... I hope the pic I have in my head comes out in the final product!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!  That's so funny you said that! I finished sewing up a rabbit that I thought looked hideous (used scraps so it's multi-colored), and then he got a hold of it and shaved it down and it already looks a billion times better than what I did. Ha!

LOL... I guess it just needed a fresh set of eyes.... if I ever have something that just doesnt look right to me, I ask my hubby and ususally he can figure it out bear_original

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

He is adorable Melanie!!!

Board footer