Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I know that there are ladies here who are as clueless as I when it comes to e-bay.

So I decided to learn how to win without causing myself palpitations and nervous sweats.

I picked the topic crystals and beads because
a. I need some
b. they aren't too expensive to play around with

then I picked "items ending soonest"

then I picked something that
a. had bids on it
b. was less than $10.00 with shipping

and then the hubs said to remember to:
a. coordinate time left with clock on computer
b. when you put in your highest amount add 25 cents
c.  place the first part of the bid but don't confirm until the last minute

lost the first 9 auctions

but I got the hang of it and my heart wasn't broken loosing something special
and I got over the nerve thing

and won the last 2 auctions.......hmmmmm

think I'll have another go after lunch.

Learning how to do it without any pressure really helped.

[color=] Maybe someone else can fun bidding on little things you want without any pressure...try it-its fun[/color]

And if you pros out there....YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE... have other tips, pass them along? 

[size=25]PLEASE?[/size]

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Here's what I do.......

http://www.bidnip.com    bear_grin   Talk about no pressure!!

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Dilu, I just use a sniping program that bids for me as many (or few) seconds before auction end as I like. No excitement if i don't want to and sometimes I win, sometimes I don't.
Oh, btw, try sniping auctions where the high bidder has low feedback. If you are lucky its a rooky who doesn't know about sniping yet. There can always be another lurker though, sniping over you. bear_tongue

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I use a sniping programme too...the way I look at it is this...I set the amount I want to bid up to...and then I leave it...if it goes for more than that I accept it because I know that in the past in the heat of the bidding thing I have ended up bidding more than I intended...but the fact that my bid goes in with 3 seconds to go means I stand a good chance of winning...

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

I am running an anti-sniping program on Bid 4 Bears.  Any bid made in the last 10 seconds of the auction automatically extends the auciton by 1 minute.    The theory is that this will raise the price to the true maximum that a bidder is willing to pay for the item  which of course makes more money for the seller.

hugs,
nt

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Now THAT is a cool idea Nancy!!!!  :clap:   I'm very curious to see how this will work when the auctions are going.  bear_happy

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Nancy, you read my mind!

Now that really makes selling your site appealing. Good call!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Now that is a grand idea.....so I spent the day practicing so that I could win over other snipers and I didn't need to.  ha!  Well it kept me oput of trouble.  I spent less than $20.00 and have all sorts of funny crystals coming.....

sigh

I thought if I knew how to do it then I could get whatever I had my heart set on without having it yanked out from under me......

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad I tried a sniping program a while back, a free Bidnapper trial. It certainly worked, but I felt awful about it. Dumb, maybe, but I did.

Eileen

Densteds Densteds
Website

I wouldn't want to give my ebay user name & password to anyone...think I'll stick with the old way...bid & pray!!!

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm
Densteds wrote:

I wouldn't want to give my ebay user name & password to anyone...think I'll stick with the old way...bid & pray!!!

??????????
Denise, a sniping program is a software like any other program. You install it on your computer and run it. Nobody is getting to know your ebay user name & password.

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Nancy

That anti-sniping software works really well.  They use it on trademe which is our equivalent to ebay.    I sold some vintage strawberry shortcake's there a while back, one of them increased by about 45 dollars in the last minute of the auction as all the snipers had waited until the last few seconds to bid...then realised that that wasn't going to work.

If you know your price limit for an item and stick to it,  then it works really well from a buyer's perspective too.

Densteds Densteds
Website
Acipenser wrote:
Densteds wrote:

??????????
Denise, a sniping program is a software like any other program. You install it on your computer and run it. Nobody is getting to know your ebay user name & password.

Hi  Acipenser..sorry I don't know your name...
they ask for your ebay user name & password to trial www.bidnip.com
http://www.bidnip.com/signup_step2.php

Sorry but I'm very suspicious of this sort of thing!

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Hi Denise,

my name is Sabine (its at the end under the line). There must be other programs which don't ask for your password online. I use Mac so have different programs, but mine is free and of course I have to enter my password into it, but that's just in my computer.

Hugs

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Yes, bidnip needs your password or they can't bid for you bear_original  I have a totally different ID that I use for bidnip.  That way if my account gets compromised in any way it's not too big of a deal.

And in my opinion... even when you snipe... if everyone did... the prices still go up... it just goes up at the end bear_original    There's plenty of auctions that I don't win because someone else sniped too and I didn't enter in a high enough bid.... but if I didn't bid (even via snipe) then the item would have ended up going for less than it did because I did bid... even via a snipe.

Board footer