Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

Silly question, I know, but what is an Anime bear? *looking stupid*  bear_wacko  I have seen many pictures here on the forum and they are awsome! But what does anime stand for and what makes a bear an Anime bear?

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Jennie, anime  is short for "animation" and an anime bear is a cartoon like bear usually with a larger head and smaller body and limbs. They usually have child like features and often the eyes are wider spaced and lower on the head than a regular bear. I believe this originated with the Japanese and that is why they are often referred to as Japanese Anime Style , but artists have been greatly expanding on the original concept and putting their own interpretation into it.
Hope this helps!
Bear hugs, Edie

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Lisa, really cute anime bear...and as for the alien...hhhmmm looks like a rainbow that just got a little mixed up...CUTE!  and ....your daughter is the  just the

CUTEST

bear_wub

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Lisa, your daughter is just a cutie!!  A little budding artist!! bear_wub  bear_wub

I really like your anime painting......I think you should put that sweet bear (and others too!)  on some ACEO's if you haven't done so already!!  Neat!! bear_thumb

:hug:
Tracy

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

Ok, many thanks! Now I know what an anime bear is and I really have to try making one some day!  bear_wub

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Wow Lisa!  I'll never complain about having my hands full again!   bear_wub  No... that's not true... I'll still complain!   bear_grin    bear_innocent  That's great that your oldest gets to sneak in a bit of "twin-free" time with Mommy!  I bet she just eats that up!  bear_grin  What a cutie!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Board footer