Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

wannabear Mini Fine Things
Colorado

Well, I started out with / trying to do a lion BUT this little guy who is going to measure around 3" Tall is insisting on becoming a monkey.  Now, I don't know why or how this has happened but so be it.  My question today is tufts of hair outlining the face of my monkey or lion.  HOw would you all go about doing this.  He is needlefelted.  Also, in an animal this small what could I use for claws?  Any ideas?

Shelly In Co.....

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Shelly,
I did a small dragon class with Jennifer Laing.  We used paint for the spikes, claws and teeth on the dragon.  They were the small little jars that have a fine point on the tip of the bottle.  I will go dig in the garage and see what brand they are.
Donna

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Shelly--

If your roving/batt has a longish fiber, you can needlefelt the ends of strands right into the head.

Eileen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I've used long pile mohair... cut off of the backing of course. It's tedious work but has a great end result!

Donna, are you talking about something like a fabric paint that squeezes out of a tube and will stay 3-D? Great idea if you are!

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Daphne,
That is what I am talking about.  I went out to the garage and got sidetracked and forgot to look.  I don't know how I get from one day to the next!
Donna

wannabear Mini Fine Things
Colorado

Thank you Donna, Diane, and Daphne,

I got the hair done, he is joined and now I will work on the claws, well maybe!  LOL...

I will put up a picture when I get him finished.

Board footer