Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

Has anyone of you entered the Ace Award for this year?

I made an entry for this award (my first award ever!) and was very surprised when I found out that I was the "winner" of April. I guess this must be a very small award with few entrys 'cause otherwise I wouldn't had won  bear_sad )

Would be nice to hear if you guys has ever entered this award?

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

MM-and-ACE-side.JPG:hug: That's so not true!!!  :hug:   Its a GREAT Award and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I won last year with "Little Miss Muffet and Fang", so its very much an achievement, with quite a lot of stiff competition!  I didn't enter this year because the theme (Friendship) left me stumped.  I just couldn't get a clear idea of a bear/bears for this one, so I decided to sit it out.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I've never entered the ACE Awards but that's for no reason other than I wasn't bearmaking long enough year 1 of my career, and then inadvertently missed the dealine year 2. 

Since it's not sponsored by a widely circulated magazine like the TOBY and Golden Teddy are, the ACE is less "under your nose" than contests sponsored by huge websites or by events/shows.  Many VERY worthwhile contests are similarly "invisible", especially to US bearmakers who don't have access to publicity and marketing materials for international concerns; contests such as the Golden George (Germany), the TITA (Japan), etc.  But like those contests are, the ACE Awards are certainly well worth entering, and not a silly competition to be dismissed in any way!

Nancy Tillberg knows a lot about the ACE and maybe she'll pop on here and give us some more info on them.

I did visit the site a while back when I was checking out bear competitions for a thread here, and I believe the ACE Award is being structured differently this year than in years past, but I can't recall precisely how, other than that memory tells me that it's now not annual, but monthly.

Anybody want to add some more specifics here?

Jennie, please be proud and honored by that award.  Your bears are outstanding and have a very particular look to them and they're worthy of every accolade.

bear_flower

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

Thank you for your nice words! I guess you always look at your own work with critical eyes, or is that only me? I see so many wonderful and creative artists on Teddy Talk and feel just too novice sometimes!
But I'm very happy to have won my first award!  bear_original

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

HI Jennie,

You should be very proud of your Ace. Your entry is spectacular and your description of how you incorporated the theme scored a perfect 10 across the board.  Do not sell yourself short on your entry.
I've attached a photo cause I'm sure everyone else will  agree with me.  Mac & Moo.  Color Doesn't Matter.

For anyone else who's interested in the restructured ACE awards (Artistic and Creative Excellence) please http://www.kranbearys.com/ACE 

hugs,
nt
macmoo.jpg

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Jennie,
Your entry for the Ace awards is fantastic and a great interpretation of the theme! Of course you deserved to win! Sometimes we are our own worst critics - which is what makes us continually strive to get better so maybe that is a good thing - but don't ever think that your work doesn't deserve the accolades!
Thanks, Nancy, for posting the photo so we could see it!
Bear hugs, Edie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Cuuuuuuute, Jennie, and big congratulations!!  That IS an important award which you deserved!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Beautiful entry Jennie.  I can see why it was a winner!

CONGRATULATIONS!  You should be very proud.  Hold onto that feeling to and never let it go.

I won an ACE Award in 2004 but since I teach classes at North Country Teddy Bears I can no longer enter.

Everyone should eneter.  The trophy is solid glass , engraved with your name on it ....and if you don't enter...you can't win.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

I also won an Ace award in 2004 for my polar bear as the theme was the realistic bear. The glass trophy is a wonderful award and at times when you start to doubt yourself it can be a reminder that you can create award winning bears so don't sell yourself short Jennie. Congrats on being the April winner
Hugs
Gail

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Jennie,
I  also won an ACE Award last year for my Robin Hood.  Your Bears are great! Congratulations to you!!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_original Don't sell yourself short at all.  The trophy is very nice and you also get a certificate.  Give your self a pat on the back!
Lynn

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

MANY MANY big thanks to you all! And many thanks to you Nancy for your nice words! I will not sell my self short anymore and TRY to think of my self as an artist!  bear_tongue

I guess it's the Swedish "jante-law" who is making me think less of myself! Have you ever heard of that law? It's something that we Swedish people says we live under... and it means that we should think "I'm no better then anybody else" and never say that "I'm good at this" and so on .

We Swedes are nuts, huh? bear_grin

Board footer