Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

My son and his friend have been playing D&D online since they got home from school. Same game, two different computers, both within 20 feet of me. Rogues, swords, spells, levels, experience ... It's been nonstop for hours each day, for the past two weeks. My husband plays, too.  :doh:  Thank heaven I can click onto Teddy Talk for some sane discussion of normal stuff like shows, swaps, mo's, fabric, glass eyes, the dinner menu, and cats giving birth! Thanks, guys!!

bear_original Mindy (wearing my "real person" hat today, not the "Mindy Magazine" chapeau!)

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Mindy, I don't know what I would do without my daily dose of TT!  It is my only connection, really , with the oustside world where there are others like me .  It is so nice to be able to connect on a daily basis ...AND  I have made friends all over the globe. :hug:

Have your hubby and son ever played Rune Scape?  It's like D&D and is a virtual on-line game.  My daughet plays it.  Her character is called Snowbunny.  It kind of wierd but a lot of people seem to like it.   Me...I'd rather work on my art. bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_wub

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Glad you feel at home here Mindy!!!!  I do as well! 

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_smile  bear_smile  bear_smile

Kim Basta
Widl Thyme Originals

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  that is too funny!
I have to confess tho sssssshhhhh -  I love playing computer games --- shooting up - or myst games -----  bear_whistle

hugs kassie

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Mindy, so many of us love the "escape" that TT provides.  I live in a tiny rural town and hubby has already gone ahead to his new job, while I sell the house.  I would be crazy by now if it weren't for this place!

Hugs,

Brenda

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hiya, Mindy . . . yeah, TT is fantastic for connecting all of us that dwell in whatever aspect of the bear world. It connects us as human beings with a lot of similarities and enough differences to make us interesting.  It's been an amazing journey and one I've been so pleased to be a part of.  So glad that you made us a part of your busy life, too.  I've never have gotten the hang of D&D, but my daughter is a huge fan of the Myst games.  I'd rather be making a bear/friend!

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Ditto all.... :hug:  bear_original  :hug:

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Yes at least when I talk about ear positions, sculpting and the pros and cons over one type of stuffing to another I don't get strange looks as they try to sidle away  :crackup:

I enjoy it here as everyone is crazy as I am.  bear_wacko   bear_grin

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Amen to what has been said already.  It is SOOOO nice to chat with others who really, sincerely are interested in what you have to say.  Many people don't take my bearmaking seriously but  you gals/guys are as bear crazy as I am   bear_wacko  !!!!  What a graet reatreat TT can be.    bear_wub

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Mindy, I hear ya, girl.  My son is a video game nut as well, although he prefers the gaming platform stuff -- PlayStation, GameCube, etc.  It's absolute noise pollution some days!

bear_original

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_shocked Oh no, dare I say I'm old enough to remember playing D & D with dice and people gathered round a table????   bear_happy   Its a LOT of fun, and gets the imagination going, but I'd think having it on a computer wouldn't be quite as much fun somehow.... 

Amen for TT, though..... It IS nice to be able to talk about noses, ears and which type of fur works best for ~ fill in the blanks ~ or which Kool Aide combo gets just the right shade of peach or lime green  :crackup: I too would be lost and very very alone without my Teddy Talk friends...  bear_wub

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I love that there are people as crazy about bears as I am. 

Mindy, thanks for making a great magazine.  Reading TBF is another great way to read about normal stuff.   bear_original

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Ditto, Renae--we talk a lot of poop here too. And English Lit , and kids' careers  . . .

This is something for the inner me, which I haven't had for many many years.  bear_flower

Eileen

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

We all need a little of our own "TT Time".  It is 7.30 pm Saturday and I am trying to get a little bit of work done while listening to the Playstation and it's noise and  the girls fighting upstairs.  I decided the "work" was not going to get done so I would check out if my website had been updated and what had been happening on TT.  I had 5 pages of messages since I had last logged on so I will be here a while.

We all need a little more time to enjoy the things we like!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Having TT as a link to the outside world is definitely a big plus!  I work from home and sometimes, it feels so isolating I have to take a walk into town, just to move among real people and remind myself that I'm real too!!  bear_tongue

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Mindy & Everyone,

It's Sunday night 9pm  at  here.
I really need this TT forum to LIVEbear_flower   he he

Hugs/Marie

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh!!!!!  I have to admit that I used to be a little addicted to the Myst games!  So unlike me really... I never really considered myself a video/computer game person.... but the visuals in Myst are so hauntingly beautiful.... and I even really like the music/sound effects.  Of course, mayb eit happened because I was supposed to be studying for the BAR EXAM when I got so hoplessly caught up in that game.... I am a "procrastination princess!!!!!"  Give me something REALLY important to do, and I'll find a hundred other things that desperately "need" to be done first!  Of course, I always complete the initial important task eventually... and I do my best work "under the gun" but..... Myst was my ultimate procrastination game during the summer I was stuyding for the Bar.

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I agree with all of you!

THANK HEAVEN FOR TEDDY TALK

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Not having good health and not being able to walk too well I don't go out much. When I go to bear fairs etc. I always have to dose myself on Morphin and pray the pain is controlled whilst I enjoy myself. So staying at home most of the time I really appriciate having TT and all my lovely friends to keep me from going barmy.

Hugs Jane.   bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Funny, boys will be boys, no matter how old they are or where they live.

Me, with all my friends being guys, I can play video games like the rest of them. But only in short doses at a time. You get to a point in life where sitting in front of the TV for hours and hours just isn't practical anymore. And gosh, I don't even have kids yet!

I agree though, thank heavens for TT! As if I know anyone else that I can chat bears with.........

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

I love Myst too, Kim - so beautiful and addictive bear_grin. Adventure games are my favourites.

Unfortunately my 5-year-old daughter is beginning to fight me for the keyboard. She's so computer-literate it's scary, and loves to play (educational!) games too. So now I'm having to get used to sharing my computer time, and sometimes I feel like a kid and just want to scream 'but it's MYYYYYY computer!!!!'..... bear_grin  bear_tongue

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website
WildThyme wrote:

Oh!!!!!  .... I am a "procrastination princess!!!!!"  Give me something REALLY important to do, and I'll find a hundred other things that desperately "need" to be done first!  Of course, I always complete the initial important task eventually... and I do my best work "under the gun"
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

I am with you Kim - I will do anything even Housework -no maybe not - and I do my best work under pressure!!! I need to be stressed to get things done.  A very sad way to be!! As soon as my hubby tells me I am under stress I deny it!

Sue@Peggotty Peggotty
Texas

Mindy, Guys,

I haven't a clue about the games you have mentioned but I do have a brilliant one that will take you about 10 seconds .... not to cast aspersions on your ability or anything!  :crackup:  Mindy, I'm going to send it to you personally rather than post it to the website as I can't take a chance of it bringing the system down. (yikes). :redface:

If you love it as much as I do then feel free to post it up here for others.  In fact, if you really like it I'll ask Quy and then post it as a challenge!

LOL,
Sue

Lancaster PA

I love the idea of using Teddy Talk as a poop discussion avoidance device!

Not only do we remember the days of D&D with dice, it happens in my house every Monday. My husband and his friends have been getting together once a week for about 14 years. Now Scott (my DH) runs a game for my son, Jack, and his friends. When we built our house, we built a room for D&D. I'll try to use my digital camera to take a picture for you.

I don't have anything against video games, either; I'd be divorced if I did, as my husband has an XBox, XBox 360, and Game Cube. I even bought myself my own Gameboy--it's pink! However, the recent addiction in my household is driving me nuts. Today is the first day of a new regime, though -- children will play outside during daylight hours, and husbands will discuss something other than gaming techniques at the dinner table!

Personally, I spent the weekend gardening. Lit the first fire of the season in my chiminea. Bought a bike in protest of high gas prices--I'll ride it to the post office to pick up my mail. Went to a local baseball game on Friday, went to a 40th b'day party on Saturday, and enjoyed dinner outside with friends Sunday. What video game is as cool as all that?!

bear_original Mindy

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I really don't understand video games at all..nor do I really like them.  I do think the graphics on some are absolutely amazing...almost TOO real though...and the women in them....YIKES!...robot Barbie!

My two daughters play a computer game called The SIMS.  It is a great game for boys and girls.  It is like playing house with graphics.  You build you own house and decoarate it..choosing your wall paper, furnishings..everything.  Then you create a family.  If you don't feed them they become cranky, and random unexpected things happen at any given time...interactive house.  Yesterday the microwave caught on fire so my daughters family member had to take a cooking course. bear_laugh    It's really funny and my kids LOVE it.  I like that there is no shooting or violence.

Mindy, My husband is a dairy farmer...he has never played a video game in his life.  He would rather read cattle magazines. bear_laugh

Lancaster PA

My husband and son used to play SIMS, Judi. They set up a family like ours and had fun with it. Unfortunately, the "MomMom" character burned down the house and died, which totally freaked out my son, so they abandoned it. Apparently he doesn't identify quite as closely with sword-swinging hobbits, so he doesn't mind if those die!

bear_original Mindy

Board footer