Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

crumbsfamily.jpgHi all

I've just finished an edition of little string mohair bears and boy am I pleased they're done! bear_rolleyes

I love using string mohair but it has a mind of its own and I tend to spend ages trying to tame it to lay in the direction I want with a occasional mist sprays of water.

Does anyone else have any tips or know of a product which is good for taming fur and keeping it in place.

Thanks guys bear_thumb

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

They are fantastic !!!!!!!! bear_shocked  bear_wub  bear_wub
They should stay together : the three brothers look so perfect together ! I wish so much I could buy them !!! bear_wub  bear_wub

Really marvelous !

Did I mention I love them ??? bear_wub  bear_wub

Beautiful !!!!!

edit : I forgot your question bear_laugh : for fixing the pills, hair conditioner  works quite well :).

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_shocked I LOVE THEM!! :love:

Eileen

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I think Sue Ann had mentioned Herbal Essence spray gel before...

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original I was so preoccupied with those beautiful bears, I forgot . . .  :redface:

I asked this question some time ago on another forum (I think?).

To make string mohair really groomable, you need to use wet heat to make it 'bloom', either very hot water or a steamer. After this treatment, it looks much more like regular mohair.

If you want to keep the 'string' look, I'd use the water spray or a hair conditioner, and a wide-toothed comb, first combing just the ends and then working down to the base of the strings.

Hope this helps!

Eileen

Brilliant bear_original

Thank you all for the above suggestions - see I knew you'd put me on the right track bear_thumb

I'll give them all a try on the scrap bits that I've got left.

:hug:

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

Kate....Love your bears.  Did you dye the mohair brown or did you purchase that color?  I have been out of the loop for awhile and wasn't sure if you could buy the string mohair in colors.  In either case, your bears are adorable.  I use the Herbal Essence spray gel with success on other mohair but have never used it on the string before.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Kate...   bear_wub  They are adorable.  Been meaning to jot you a note and see how you have been. 

The bears are adorable. I love every one of them!

Hope all is well with you,
been thinking of you!
Danni

Cindy..... Thank you, I bought the string mohair in that colour. I'm glad you like it, it really is a scrummy colour but I've also got it in candy pink and cream. Next time I'm in town I'm going to look for the Herbal Essence gel that some of you have mentioned. I know the brand but I'll have to see if they sell the gel spray in the UK. bear_original

Danni..... Hiya hun. Ditto...I've been meaning to catch up with you too. I'll be in touch shortly. bear_flower

Hugs :hug:

Board footer