Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

If someone contacted you after an item ended for auction which didn't reach reserve, would you respond?  I was watching an item and I forgot about it and it ended about 1 min before I logged on.  Would you contact the seller?  If you received the email, what would you do? 

I really would like this item but I don't know how to let the seller know that I am a serious buyer and legit...

Maybe I should clarify... A buyer had their auction end with bids but not reaching reserve, and I would like to contact them (it had a buy it now option) to see if I can purchase the item...

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Yep... Just give it a go.
I have before when ive missed auctions..... All went well.
You've got nothing to lose, they can only say no to you...

Good luck KIM

Lanie x

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Thank you girls! I just emailed the seller and will let you know how it goes!!!! Thanks a bunch!!!  :hug:  :hug:

sarahjane Brisbane

We've done that before when we've accidently missed an auction and had no problems...perhaps if you want some security in your transaction you could ask the seller to list it with a "buy it now" option and let you know when they do so that you can purchase it straight away.  bear_original

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Good luck Kim, just a word of warning, Ebay gets cranky if they think you are trying to get around their fees.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Yep, I've done that heaps of times Kim.  It should be okay as long as you have enough trust in the seller and get good email responses.  You won't be able to use feedback etc.....
good luck
xo Sarah

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

bearhug.smlI emailed them and told them I was interested and if they would do the buy it now option, I would buy... I didnt want to put on ebay messaging that I will buy it outside of ebay... after all, I would be using paypal so I would still have that protection bear_original  I havent heard back yet bear_sad  I wish they would email me back!

Everyone cross their fingers!  bear_original

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

bearhug.smlbearhug.sml

THE SELLER RELISTED!!!!! YAY!!!!

I am so glad I contacted the seller!!! Thank you all girls!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

A bit late jumping in.... but eBay DOES have a feature to offer a 2nd chance offer if an item does not make the reserve...

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

The only problem with a second chance offer is that I didn't get to bid .... LOL... He relisted so I am happy... the bidding was way under his reserve... I just caught it in time and did a buy it now!

Board footer