Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Hi all,

I enjoyed Paulas insight into her life, she had added to her website recently, i decided with the launch of my new website this week to add a photograph album too.

I thought you might all enjoy a peek, i live in Shropshire England UK

It is a most beautiful place to live... Steeped in history, and very hilly as it borders both North and South wales.

I AM ONLY 15 MINUTES FROM IRONBRIDGE WHERE THE WORLD FAMOUS MERRYTHOUGHT BEAR MUSEUM IS.

See my album link below.

http://pub27.bravenet.com/photocenter/a … 2256036768

I hope you enjoy it.

Lanie x

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Lanie, I live in Wisconsin but am orginally from  Spondon, Derbyshire England.  We immigrated to the US in Oct 1965 when I was 6 months old.

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Lanie,
Thanks for sharing some of your world! Very nice bunch of pictures there!

Vicki-Lynn Smith Bearlyville Bears
Sydney

bear_grin I enjoyed that. How great are your pictures. My parents are visiting England and Ireland in September and will certainly love the experience. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs
Vicki

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oooooooh - Lanie - those photos are terrific and super beautiful!  What a fantastic tour that was!  Thanks so much.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Whenever I see photos of Europe I always wonder, and I mean no disrespect in saying this, whether European folk realize the beauty that lies under their feet and all around them, every day of their lives? 

I look at these pictures and I see cobblestone streets -- not a whole heckuva lot of those in California, and certainly none dating back hundreds of years! -- and awnings and signs hung out on little iron bars, like "shingles," to advertise their shops.  And I see castles and ruins and just this marvelous patina of age. 

I have been so fortunate to have spent time in Europe; I used to live in Zurich, in the early 90's, and we got around a bit from that central point, to Spain, France, Germany, Austria, England, Italy, and Greece.  And when I remarried in 2003 I honeymooned there, on a whirlwind backpacking type tour of France, Germany, Switzerland, and Italy.

It's all just so different, and beautiful... and old.  There's just something GROUNDED about that, which strip malls and flashy highrises just can't offer.  I love America, as America... but I always wonder if it's just one of those "grass is always greener" things, because I just adore the ambiance and beauty of Europe, in all its permutations, just cause it's so... old. 

Anyway... These are marvelous photos.  Such a pretty area!  Any chance you can post a map so clueless folk like me can see where you are geographically?

Thanks for sharing.  Makes me just want to hop a plane and breathe it all in!

<sigh>

bear_original

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Melanie, you're killing me!  I think I'll have to post some photos of Chico at some point, just to show off OUR wild beauty as well.  It's not quite cobblestone-paved, centuries old charm like those spots are, though.

Is that a true fachwerkhaus in your photo of Manchester?  I remember when I first saw those in Germany as they are really "supposed" to be created, with thick beams connected by some kind of plasterwork, I was shocked.  I used to think the wood strips were just exterior decor!  Silly me.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Yeah go to Oz Melly - camp in Lisa's garden till you get sorted out then WE can emigrate and come and camp in YOUR garden till we find a house.
bear_rolleyes  bear_whistle  bear_tongue

Australia - a beautiful country. What it lacks in history it more than makes up for in beauty. Besides it DOES have history going back thousands of years, the aboriginal people are a link with Australias past are'nt they.

Penny  :hug:

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

YEP

:crackup:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Lisa, what's your favorite things about Australia?  I've never had the good fortune to travel there but would dearly love to do so as I've had several close Australian friends over time and they speak so highly of the topography and the beautiful beaches and the gorgeous climate and the very friendly and witty people there!  I've never been anywhere in Asia either, and would also like to sample the history and beauty of that region as well.

Gosh, you ladies are making me yearn for time and cashflow to enable more travel!

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Hi folks,
Sorry i did not get back on yesterday felt a bit poorly, but okey now.... bear_original
THANKS FOR ALL THE POSTS... bear_original

.......................................................................................................................

Judi here a link for you...

Spondon Derbyshire online lots of pics now and then...

http://www.spondononline.fsnet.co.uk/photos50s70s.htm

.......................................................................................................................

Vicki this would be a great link for your mum and dad...

http://www.visitbritain.com/VB3-en-US/index.aspx

Shelli,
Some do... BUT I THINK YOU HAVE GOT TO LOVE THE COUNTRYSIDE AND APPRECIATE OLD THINGS  bear_grin But alot of folks moan on about how bad the the weather is  bear_grin  wishing they cud move abroad... bear_grin wE DO HAVE NICE DAYS :crackup:

Melanie,
My daughter who lives in Colwyn bay, North wales, spends alot of weekends manchester and liverpoool way night clubbing... With friends she met at Bangor university studiying to be a teacher.... What is its like to be young eh bear_thumb This is apparently what teachers do at weekends when they shud be marking books... :crackup:
SHE LOVES THE NEW BIG CITY LIFE... BEING YOUNG AN ALL...

Lisa
bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

The Brits favourite Australian thing....

0CASXXXX.jpg

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Only JOKING :hug:  LISA :hug:

Lanie X

Board footer