Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

I haven't had time to visit TT very often over the last few months and when I have thought yes I can contribute to that conversation , see that someone else has said exactly my thoughts....so quickly went back to work.
     I have completed 11 bears (Koalas/ Pandas) in the last 12 weeks plus made two new patterns for Gerry's Teddy Supplies. I am taking a five week break and with my husband am travelling to Europe. We leave for 8 days in Paris on the 13the May then to Basel (Switz.) for two days where I believe there is a wonderful bear/doll museum. We then visit Frorence ,Milan. Assisi and Rome..plus some detours. We will also visit The Steif museum in Germany.
     Part of my dilemma with packing is to know how warm/cold it will be. I have accessed two lots of weather  sites for Paris and both give very different forecasts. One says to expect about 12C max. and the other 25C max. Could anyone give a better or more accurate forecast for any of these places, for this time of the year?
    Back to bears..... I don't think the patterns I have sent to Gery's are up on their website as yet but I understand that they had them in time to take to a show in Queensland, and they did very well. They are the first patterns I have made for the new owners so hope they do well for both of us. I created a Koala pattern, the first one for actual sale and not just my use. He is called "Kenny". The other is an open mouth Panda called "Chengdu". Both patterns have around nine pages of detailed instructions including illustrations of creating pulled toes. It took many hours of work  to get them finished.
      After all that I decided that I wouldn't start another bear until I returned. However, two days later I just had to cut out a tiny Koala to take with me. It is certainly an addiction.
       Please excuse all my ramblings . I just wanted to touch base and if anyone out there can give me a long range weather forcast..or suggest anywhere I should visit while on my travels  I would really appreciate it.
Regards,
Susan

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

Thanks Erin,
It's amazing how you go through patches where few bears are sold then things go crazy and if you are lucky  , as I have been, you just keep getting orders. The down side is that my website has had few added...... but i am not complaining.
And thank you I will have a great time. I know I will come home more inspired than ever to create new designs.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Good luck with you journey Susan. I don't know about weather forecasts but I'm sure you could get them off of the net. Please come back and share lots of pictures with us when you get home. I know we would all love to see where you have been. It sounds wonderful to me!

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Susan,

Wow you were so busy !!!
Please have a great vacation and please leave
us PICS for your koala bear and the trip.    bear_flower

Hugs/Marie

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I hope your vacation is super.  You deserve it.  I wish I could stow away in your luggage.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Hi Susan,

You certainly have earned that vacation!

Eileen

Board footer