Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

I sent a picture of a knitted/wet felted purse with needle felted Dogwood Flowers that I recently finished to a friend today, because she is who I got the handspun merino wool yarn from that I used to knit the purse. She has a web / mail order business very close to where I live in NM where she offers beautiful natural/organic fabrics,yarns,notions etc. She is always looking for feedback on what folks do with things they purchase from her, so I sent her the pictures...and she just wrote back to me that I am now on the front page of her web site:
http://www.nearseanaturals.com/blog/
She had asked if she could put the purse on her blog...lol...but I had no idea what she was gonna actually do...I am still blushing here....but very proud to see it, and wanted to share it with my friends.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

So very cool, Charlotte!  How talented you are!

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

That is so nice, Charlotte! and what a huge compliment. Way to go! bear_thumb

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:dance:  :dance: Very cool Charlotte!!  Neat purse and also neat to be featured on your friend's site!! bear_wub

I also looked at the link to your website and your felted creations.  (which are awesome by the way!! bear_thumb ) Just curious what 'anatomically correct' means for the cave couple bear_grin  bear_whistle ..........................

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Tracy

Adkins, Texas

Thank you so much SueAnn, Terrie & Tracy!!!
and
Tracy........ bear_whistle what do you think "anatomically correct" means  bear_whistle I would post a close up pic...but then it would have those black bandades in all those places.... bear_whistle  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Iowa
Website

I would post a close up pic...but then it would have those black bandades in all those places....

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: That's what I thought!! :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: I don't know why that struck me as funny.....it is art after all.......hmmm, that would give new meaning to a realistic style bear, now wouldn't it?! bear_whistle

:hug:  :hug:
Tracy

Adkins, Texas

:crackup: :crackup: roflmbo :crackup: anatomically correct bears....ohhhh yea....
You should have seen the Needle Felted Hooker Doll my basketweaving partner Ulli made.....

Adkins, Texas

Renae,
lol famous or infamous...with the anatomically correct stuff...lol I loved doing that purse...I am partial to Dogwood flowers too :)
I hadn't read any of the Clan of the Cave Bear books in a long time, but when I made the Cave Man, Jondalar was all I could think of...but I always imagined him much more handsome than my Needle Felted version...I would have made both Ayla & Jondalar blonde...but the only wool I had at the time was Sand & Jasper color Navajo Churro...so thus they are both brunette...
I am so thrilled that you got to see the baskets too...I am working on miniature baskets now...hope to get pics of them soon & get them on a seperate page on my web site...ohhhh tooooo much to do lol
Thanks for checking all my stuff out.

Iowa
Website

You should have seen the Needle Felted Hooker Doll my basketweaving partner Ulli made.....

Ohhh........wish I could have seen it!! The picture that brings to my mind........ :crackup:   You don't happen to have access to a real pic, do you? bear_happy

:hug:
Tracy

PS--I would have to do some research for the proper anatomical correctness on a bear.........interesting!! bear_innocent  bear_whistle

Adkins, Texas

Tracy, Tracy, Tracy,...you have totally cracked me up :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: I don't know if Ulli has a pic of the "Slut Doll" or not...we keep this up and we are gonna get booted out-a-here....hmmmmmm...and didn't you know that "Beer Nuts" was a typo...

Adkins, Texas

Erin...ummm...hmmmm...ok...lol right!!! You wanna see pic too??? of???? lololol

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Charolette! How awesome Hon! I love your purses! They are wonderful! You should be very proud!

Many Hugs Louise

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Tracy....there is someone on German ebay who does make anatomically correct male bears - well actually not anatomically correct I suspect, rather bears with shock value....to me....it's plain wrong.  Dolls/sculptures fine but teddybears????

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Charlotte.... YEA!!!!! That is so neat!  Congratulations!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Iowa
Website

Melissa-- Now that sounds just plain

gross

!!!!  I hope you know that I was totally kidding about doing that........YUK!! bear_tongue  bear_grin

:hug:
Tracy

Adkins, Texas

Kim,
Thank you so very much!

nettie scotland
Website

You are a very clever girl,classy colour combinations too!!!Diane xxx

Adkins, Texas

Thanks so much Dianne!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Charlotte, your Dogwood purse is just terrific.  Congratulations on the feature spot!

Adkins, Texas

Thanks Shelli! I appreciate that!

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Oooooo how lovely charlotte... THATS REALLY CLEVER.... :clap:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

That's so exciting, Charlotte!  Thanks for sharing it with us.   :clap:  :dance:

Adkins, Texas

Lanie & Chrissie,
Thank you both.

Board footer