Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

gracie.jpgCats really do know how to relax.  My cat, Gracie, has learned to topple the pillows on the sofa so she can lay on them.  Her particular favorites are the needlepoint pillows but today she went for the really squishy sofa pillow.

What strange things do your cats or dogs do to relax?

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

AWWWW...

My baby Oz (he's no longer with me) use to crawl up in my lap and with both of his front paws he would pat my face (no claws) as if to say..."pay attention to me."  I just loved it.  He also use to lay in front the monitor and flit his big ol fluffy tail back and forth just enough to be slightly annoying.  He also drank my coffee...with or without milk.

I miss him...ALOT!!!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Aleta, Gracie is adorable and sure looks comfy!  Cats really know how to get the best out of life LOL!

Our two cats are absolutely opposite.  My 22 lb black cat named Bear, is so possessive of me, it drives me nuts.  If I go to sit in the armchair, he jumps up and pushes in behind me - if I give him the chair and try to lie down on the couch, he will jump off the chair and come and wedge between my body and the back of the couch - he drives me crazy!!  He also sleeps on his back with his worldy goods flung open for everyone to see.  Its' a good thing he's such a sweet cat.

Our not-so-nice orange one, Thumper, will beg for treats (Whiskas Temptations). We had to hide them in the cupboard over the stove.  We used to keep them on the fridge, and he would get up there and knock the package to the floor, as if to say - gimme one now!    If we didn't, he chewed through the package.  We had to duct tape it so he couldn't chew it open, so we moved them to the cupboard.  He will stretch his body up, to reach the cupboard and paw at it.  No one ever said he was stupid!  When he knows you have one in your hand, and you tell him to "sit pretty, he will sit up like a dog until he gets them. 

Hugs,

Brenda

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

My 2 yr old male yorkie has a bear he HAS to have to sleep. He has had this bear since he was a baby (he never touches my bears, but no one better touch his) He will not go to bed at night without it. He doesn't sleep ON it or use it for a pillow..... he holds the tummy in his mouth and goes to sleep like that. Here is a picture

Sunniehisbear2.jpg

Sunniebear3.jpg

Sonya

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Dear Aleta  bear_flower     
that is so cute. I happen to have a dog who I believe thinks she is human - no really -  I really mean that. This dog eats fruit! and just about anything else my husband and I happen to be eating - we are very careful not to allow her to eat everything - somethings just aren't good for her, but she loves her fruit. She will jump into the shower when it is being used and a whole lot of other silly things.   

Some of you have met my dog Lacey before - here she is when you met her in around February - she was about 7 and half weeks then... 

lacey7a.jpg 

lacey6a.jpg 

And here she is grownup and this is how she gets comfy.   

WARNING MAY BE SENSITIVE TO YOUNG VIEWERS!  

sheantnl1.jpg 

A little more dignified -   well kinda...

sheantnl4.jpg 

then I get this look ....
sheantnl3.jpg

here are some pictures only a mom can be proud of ...

sheantnl5b.jpg

sheantnl6a.jpg

sheantnl7.jpg

this one is just because I think she wil do just about anything for us...

laceyrod2.jpg

hope you enjoyed - now off to watch Superman.

hugs Kassie

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Aleta, Your kitty is just like a kitty on a chocolate box!  I want one just like that!   hmmm I wish I could be snoozing like that right now too...

Sonya - your dog is cute too...you'd think sleeping like that would be so uncomfortable.  My mum's dog who is a foxie and the runt so is tiny, used to have a felix the cat toy, that she took everywhere with her.

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

oh pets just have to be the most adorable things on this earth, I am with my son and his three dogs in Cape Town, We go walking in the forests each day,and they enjoy it.  We have not gone to the beach yet, maybe this week-end.
Next week, he comes to Johannesburg as he has work up there, and the dogs are coming with. We will then have my 5 and his 3.

They are the best MEDICINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
bear_original
Lynette

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Here is my dog Chunky. He loves to lay and sleep with his head on anything hard. I can't understand why some pets like to do this as I love soft comfortable things to lay my head on. Chunky is blind but he manages to find just what he wants and the strangest places to lay his head down. One of his favourite places is to crawl under is my small, three step ladder. Unfortunately he gets stuck as he can't turn round and get out again so he just sits there and waits for us to rescue him...silly dog!

ChunkyBiscuits.jpg

Hugs Jane.   bear_flower

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website
WildCatDancer wrote:

I'm too [INVALID] for my fur, too [INVALID] for my fur, too [INVALID]!
[url]http://www.teddy-talk.com/uploaded/[INVALID].jpg[/url]

Actually, nothing unseemly was showing, but it looked like it was, so I edited it. This is his usual position.
http://www.teddy-talk.com/uploaded/relaxed.jpg

This is Elmo, he's a mountain coatie.

Wow! He's cute!  I've never seen one of these before, in fact, I've never even heard of them before!!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website
WildCatDancer wrote:

I'll add my cats, you KNOW I have tons of pictures of them doing everything, but first:

This is a caracal, a big boy. He belongs to friends of mine. I hadn't seen him for probably most of a year, and only very briefly then. I did bottle feed him, but I wasn't his main care taker so I didn't know if he would remember me. He had a long trip and had been stuck in a hotel without his parents most the day. Well, it turned out he remembered me. This is how HE relaxes.

http://www.teddy-talk.com/uploaded/sucking1.jpg

Yep, he's sucking my finger. Very, very happily. Now they say he does it to everybody, but he never did before. His dad is saying I turned his cat into a wuss!

Oh my goodness isn't he spectacular!!!!  Where do you find these guys?!!  The nearest I get to cats like this is to visit the zoo!!!  What a treat this picture is.  You're one very lucky lady!!

nettie scotland
Website

bell-2.jpgbellsy-copy.jpgMy dogs like to be stacked and often the cat goes on top.They all love contact with each other or a human to sleep.

nettie scotland
Website
WildCatDancer wrote:

Dogpile on mom! Do you ever find it's difficult to get to sleep without an animal attached to you somewhere? GREAT pictures and beautiful dogs!

I sleep with the female german pointer and my daughter (she's the one in the picture )has the other two in the picture under the duvet with her.We have a big hairy ginger dog too but he sleeps in his basket like a real dog!!!Our house is so cold in the winter that we started the habit just to warm up.We get ice on the inside of our windows.Dogs are definatley good bed warmers.
Diane xx

beary_clairey Luton

bee2.jpg

As you can See My little Bee is accomplished in the art of comfort & relaxation. She also gets the pillow right where she wants it !!!

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

These are my Bostons sunbathing in February. They love nice soft comfy places and at night sleep in our bed under the covers snuggled up against us. Poor Gracie left us at Christmas but the other two brusers are still going strong.

Marionsunbathers.JPG

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Marion, Of course you know that is where the phrase "Three Dog Night" comes from... lol
Sonya

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I love all the pictures everyone posted!!  Thank you so much for sharing them.   bear_original  bear_original

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario
SunnieOne wrote:

Marion, Of course you know that is where the phrase "Three Dog Night" comes from... lol
Sonya

Actually, we use that phrase every evening for their last outing of the night. My husband calls it out and they pile out from under the covers or wherever and run downstairs and wait by the door. Even now that Gracie is gone - we still call "Three Dog Night"; I'm sure she snickers cause they have to go out and she's nice and warm and comfy wherever she is.

Marion

Board footer