Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

beary_clairey Luton

Hello Everyone,

I want to get hold of a pattern for a small "anime" bear.

Do you know of anywhere that I could buy one???

I would love to have a go at one as they are so different from other bears. Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Hugs

Claire

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Hi Claire,  I don't have a commercial pattern available, however this is what my daughter and I did.  You just make the legs and arms shorter, with little round foot pads and paws.  For the head, think of peeling an orange in quarters.  You won't have a gusset or side head pieces, instead you will have 4 pieces more or less equal  with the top and bottom narrowing to a point and the middle fatter.  You can then "adjust" the pattern to allow for a bit of a bump where the nose will be, and cut off one of the points for the neck area.  You can also play around with the sizing - most of the anime bears seem to have a larger head in proportion to the body.  If you look at the Japanese anime cartoons like "Hello Kitty" you will see what I mean.  I hope all that makes sense - let me know if you need any more help.

Jane P.

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA
beary_clairey Luton

Thank you for the pattern !! That will give me a good starting point !!!

Many Thanks

Claire

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

:hug:

You are welcome!  bear_laugh If you need more patterns e-mail me and I'll send you more.  :hug:

Hugs, Julia

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website
Gina wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … K:MEAFB:IT

that's a link to an ebay seller who was selling little kits.  you can always give her a shout and see if she has any more available.

G

This seller is my friend Bry!  She's great fun and very well known here in the UK.  Her anime bears are such fun - just like Bry!!

Jane, your instructions are great ... I love the peeling an orange idea!  If that's how you made those two cuties in the gallery, then it certainly works really well.

Board footer