Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Skippy had been acting very suspicious all morning.  She has a favorite sleeping spot which is in a pretty open place in my front flower bed.  It's a little alcove created between a bay window and the garage...but in the front flowerbed nontheless.  Yep...you guessed it...she moved the  kitten THERE.  I did..much to her dismay...place one of the cat bed there which gives them a tad bit of protection.

Which meant...they have all been quickly slobbered on...and I was able to check the sexes on all but one...mamma was returning.  There are two girls and one boy...one is unknown so far.  AND...two have their eyes almost completely open.  I'M IN LOVE!!!

I did get a couple quick photos which I will  post later...want to try and get pictures of all four first.

However, I am extremely stressed...I know she won't leave them there too long...and who knows what she'll do now.

AUGH!!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

PICTURES!! PICTURES!!

I bet she'll be a good mama and protect them the best she can.
She just wants everyone to see them finally!! Show off her babes!!
Lucky you!

Ooo, I can't wait for more pictures.  :dance:   :dance:

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

Oooh..can't wait for the photos!!

Amelia

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Shantell,  Kittens can be adorable.  One of my landlords cats had a litter then vanished so I was bottle feeding kitten the other day.

Willamette Valley Oregon

Here's you go....

000_0712.jpg

I swear I am holding the entire kitten...not just it's head!!!

000_0715.jpg

This one would not cooperate and let me take a picture of it's face...how SHE knew I have no idea...her eyes aren't open yet.

Kittencrew.jpg

Here's the entire gang when I first found them.  I have since slid one of the covered cat beds in there.  Skippy seems to be doing fine after her initial freakout.

000_0716a.jpg

Lastly, here is Skippy!!!   Waiting not so patiently for me to get out of her way and go back inside where I apparently belong.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

Awwwwwwwww!  bear_wub
The other day at the RSPCA, we got a box of about nine abandon kittens. I think they were about 2 and a half weeks old. I don't think we will have enough space for them.

Willamette Valley Oregon

I know...aren't they just the sweetest little fluffs of soon to be purryness.  When I was checking out their "personables" to see who was what...one of them hissed at me a little.  THAT will be my favorite one of course!!!

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Shantell, orange/yellow kitties are my absolute favorite!! bear_wub  bear_wub   I wish I could have one of them!! If we only lived closer..........I'd be swiping one! bear_grin

:hug:
Tracy

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

OMG Shantell - they are sooooo cute!!!   Is the dark orange one a male?  I wonder if the light one will have longer fur. like daddy?  I can't believe their eyes are opening already!  Are the kittens in the covered bed?  Is Skippy okay with them there and did she freak when you picked them up?  I want to know everyything LOL!

hugs,

Brenda

Willamette Valley Oregon

Brenda,

I FREAKED out.  I saw where she had them and thought...WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU WOMAN!!!  I quickly took the group photo while my housemate and I quickly discussed what to do.   Skippy was in the backyard eating but we knew it had to be quick.

The bed is actually a pet carrier minus the gate.  She's slept in it several times before she had the kittens so we figured her smell would be in it already.  I originally faced it outward because I was in a hurry and when she came back she took one of the kittens out and put it right next to the carrier which was only a space of about 4 inches max.  She eventually got it the carrier and didn't come back out as we are standing in the yard telling her she's an idiot (okay we were saying nice things too).  My housemate finally just walked right up to her and said..."hey mamma...you gotta baby missing" and bent over to pick it up.  Skippy stepped aside and we put the kitten in the carrier and that's been it.  Skippy did go back to the deck and eat again later and I ran out and flipped the carrier around leaving a space large enough for her to easily get in and out but with the opening facing the house rather than the front yard.  So far they are all still there...

I'm just concerned all the traffic will make her nervous and who knows where she'll move them to.  I live on a dead end gravel road with only one other neighbor (elderly couple) but they have people in and out all the time...plus they bring us our mail from 1/2 mile down the driveway everyday...the garage door is right there.  Just too much I'm afraid.

I did spoil her with some more turkey though...hoping bribery works.

They are so cute...I can hardly stand it.  I'm not sure which one is male...I looked so quickly I can't really tell who is what except the lighter colored one.  I think the one looks darker because it's in a shadow.  To be honest I'm just not sure.

Tomorrow is another day I guess.

Sigh

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Shantell, They are so cute! bear_wub   Sam, do you voleenteer with The RSPCA?

Shantell, you must be a wreck - I think I'd almost be ready to pitch a tent to watch her all the time! LOL!  I hope she realizes that it's cozier and warmer in the covered carrier and leaves them there!

Hugs,

Brenda

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

Oooooooooooooh!!  I want kittens!  Shantell, you are a wonderful second mommy!  They are adorably cute!!!

Amelia

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website
Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Awww, a real anime kitten  :crackup:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub I love orange cats, always wanted one when I was little. Thanks Shantell for brightening my day!

Willamette Valley Oregon

All is well this morning.  I made coffee...grab the kitty food...out the back door (luring Skippy away from babies)..."here Skippy, rattle rattle rattle..."...here comes flying around the corner of the house.  So...I ran inside...out the front door...little kittens all cuddled together in the cat carrier...happy as can be.

AWWWWWWWWW.  Now...to figure out how to put a tracker on Skippy so I can watch her every move.  I don't think sitting the bay window all day is very productive BUT I just might do it.

bear_grin   bear_wacko   bear_grin

Renae,  they are chubby...one of them is REALLY chubby...obviously my child.  bear_original bear_original

beary_clairey Luton

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

Me wanty !!!

Hugs

Claire

Hi Shantell,
     I'm really glad things are good this morning and all kittens are present and accounted for.  Did you manage to get a blanket on the bottom of the carrier, or are they just on the plastic?  I'm such a softee, but as long as they are together, that's all that matters.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything stays on track!

Hugs,

Brenda

Willamette Valley Oregon

It's a plush set up!!!  It already had two old towels and one of those soft velour type blankets on top of those...very cushy and soft.  Skippy has slept in it before which is why I chose that one...her scent is already all over the blanket.

I'll try and get  better photos as she leaves them...cross your fingers!!

Oh excellent!  The faster you get those kittens used to "creature comforts" the faster they will want to be "house kitties" LOL!    So, your job is to spoil them rotten, Shantell, not that it will be a problem, I'm sure LOL!  Can't wait to see more piccies!

Hugs,

Brenda

Sue@Peggotty Peggotty
Texas

Me wanty toooooo :hug:

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub sorry to pinch your idea Claire ... but RIGHT ON!

Willamette Valley Oregon

Thanks everyone for letting me share my insanity with you.  I just strongly feel that if you take in a pet whether its wild or tame you have a responsibility to do the very best you can.  I hope that I'm accomplishing that.

They are incredibly cute, am very smitten with them and I already have someone interested in two of them which just warms my heart.  I hope to keep at least one but we'll see. 

Hugs,
Shantell

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_wub Awwwwwhhhhhhh....they're all ready getting a taste of the good life with that posh velour blankie replete with mummy's scent! 

Don't worry, I"m pretty sure Skippy hasn't' lost the plot.  Maybe she's brought them out just so you could handle them, get pictures and supply the whole family with more comfortable living quarters?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Way to go, Shantell . . . you're doing a super great job!!!  Love the photos, love the kitties, love the mama, want the kitties!

Board footer