Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

As I sit here on my computer, I am watching a Northern Oriole on one feeder on the side of the house and a Hummingbird at the feeder on the front of the house!  bear_original  bear_original  So nice to see them back enjoying the feeders again, it has been so long.
pandamac

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Aren't they wonderful?  My bluebird family has 'flown the coop', so to speak.  Pooh . . . I didn't get to photograph the flying lessons, but I'm assuming everything went well.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Yes... birds are such a welcome sign aren't they!  This morning I saw a pair of gold finches happily pecking away at some dandylions that had gone to seed!
Lovely little beings!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

As I was watching the hummingbird feeder this morning, the silly Northern Oriole landed and started to drink! Her feeder is 10 feet away on the other side of the window! With fresh orange slices to eat! Silly birds, guess they can't read the signs  bear_grin

chris009av Real Deal Bears

I just had to explain myself on another post about my use of aussie terminology.
Now your talking about birds coming back, and I am thinking 'where did all your birds go'.
It took me awhile to figure out that because of your winters they fly to warmer parts till you thaw out.
I am snuggling in for the winter here, but I guess I really don't know what winter is like for you all because the birds here don't relly fly away for the winter.  Maybe it's because I feed them too much  bear_grin

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Don't chu just love them.
The birds are coming out here in colorado also.
I feed the robins grapes, they just love them.
And I put the little finch houses in our pine trees and
now everyone has a new home!  bear_original

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Don't ya just love the birds.  I am waiting for the hummingbirds, they should be here in the next couple of weeks.  They are such amazing little creatures.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Christine, I forget that there are parts of the world that keep the birds year round. Up here, the birds migrate south beginning in September. Some birds stay all winter, and it is great to see them, but the really colorful ones that return in May just brighten up the days........mainly because we know winter is over and we will be able to get outside and enjoy the warmth and sunshine (and bugs and other things)
pandamac

Board footer