Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

We have been away for a few days so sorry I missed a few birthdays...but it'sgood to see there are others taking note of the dates and keeping up.
I have set myself a challenge for this week. I have a week off work...the kids have just gone back to school after two weeks mid year break...and I am challenging myself to stay off the computer until I have both designed and finished a new bear. When I'm working, there just doesn't seem to be the time to drag everything out...and when I'm designing...I make SUCH a mess! So...wish me luck...I'll miss you all!:(
'Til next week...adios!;)
xx

sockerplinga Sundsvall
Website

Good luck!! Hope you manage to make a week without the computer! I know I cant! :P
See you next week! bear_laugh

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Best of luck!I sympathize .Wish I could get more done also.Be sure to post a picture of the bear you do this week after all your hard work.Blessings,Shari.

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Actually..I do have a question before I go:rolleyes:
Not so long ago....there was a bit of a discussion on how to measure up a double neck joint...and I seem to remember either Judi or maybe Sue Ann, had a great explanation of "How to". At the time...I just couldn't get my head around it...but now that I'm actually trying to make one, I figure it would make more sense..only I can't find the post now. I thought it was part of the discussion when Sue Ann showed us her Cub with the double neck joint, but I've looked there and it's not in that thread. Anyone know where I can find it? I have looked through all the post headings so it must be buried somewhere in a 'cit-chat' post.
Shelli...this certainly highlights the necessity for dividing the sections into General Discussion and Techniques...I'm really frustrated at not being able to find that post! Good move! I have decided to print out stuff I think I may use in future from now on....t'will save a lot of headaches!:rolleyes:
Blast..now I'll have to check the posts tomorrow in case someone can help! Didn't even get started on my week long vigil!:lol:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Good Luck to you Hayley....last time I thought I'd stay away I ended up getting on around 1AM PST. 

My honey said....'who are you kidding?' 

Soo god luck to you.... we will miss you though.  Miss Penny is in Spain and I wonder when she will get back too......

Don't stay away tooooo long

Dily

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh Hayley - we'll miss you. Perhaps you should be challening the rest of us to do the same.... we could agree to meet here once during the course of the week so we don't suffer too badly - say on Wednesday. Otherwise we're to sew, sew sew!!!!

What is the weather there right now in Australia? I think you all are backwards, err... opposite from us in weather. So, it's summer here in the US - is it cold and wintery there??? Can you tell I need to travel more (or try to remember what I learned in geography all those years ago!)

Hugs and best wishes for a productive week!
Daphne

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Hmmm, I do remember recently Juid Paul posted pictures of her bears with the double jointed neck...Winney

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I think it was "Wobble Joints" - June 21st

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Hayley,

It was under "Goiter", a thread that I started when I was having trouble with my neck.

Eileen

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Actually, I think it was also on the Edinburgh forum.  :/

Eileen

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

I have been wondering where you have been Hayley!  We miss you, but want to see a photo of what's been keeping our Hayley away from us LOL

I'm sure he'll be worth it!

Daph:  It's winter here, and really cold!!!!!!!  Saturday we will be half way through winter.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thanks, Danni - I could go for really cold. It was 92 degrees ferinheit(sp?) here today! Gonna ask a dumb question - do you get snow? (Yes, I really need to learn a thing or two about what goes on in the rest of the world!) How cold is cold?

Warm bear hugs,
Daphne

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Hayley,
Oh no you are gone again ? bear_sad I'm just kidding...
Please come back with your new bear pictures ! :D:):D

Daphne, I'm sure Australia has snowing season too :)
We have too. I like little of snow but not :HUGE: snow. :P

Bear Hugs/Marie

Australia

Oh we mainly get snow in the hills - there's certain places where it snows.  Here in Canberra, we are known for the cold, however a lot of people are suprised to hear we get the extremes - cold in winter yes, but also very hot in summer!  It often snows in the hills around where we are, so we look out and see the snow.... 

How cold is it? About 9 Degress Celcius during the day here.  I did a conversion and they say 9C = 48.2 Fahrenheit  - most nights it's been going down to the minus', around 26 Fahrenheit.

Hope that educates LOL
Danni

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Ahhh bear_original That sounds really good to me, right now Danni!

Hot and humid in Toronto,

Eileen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hmmm - you might just have a bunch of sweltering Americans on your door step soon, Danni!! :lol::lol:

(And Canadians!)

Australia

LOL I don't mind, perhaps  I could visit over there when it's hot, because i HATE the heat!!

Danni

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Come on around about January - you WON'T be hot... average temp is about 10 f in my part of the world!! Do you have the change of seasons like we do - tree leaves turning warm autumn colors, etc.? You must. Boy, am I sounding naive!!?? Sometimes I think New England is the only place on earth where the autumn colors are so vibrant and the snow so darn deep. I need to move!! No wait - I'd have to pack - forget it!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Well it's 9.36am here in the Uk and I'm already too hot and the temperature is still rising for the day. I'm sitting here typing this with my patio windows wide open plus all the other windows and I have a large fan blowing right at me. Phew I don't like it too hot. Last night we went out for a super meal, which I won, and then onto the  cinema to see War of the worlds. I really enjoyed both and both the restaurant and the cinema were air conditioned. It felt so clammy when we left the cinema, it was 10.15 pm and still far too hot!

Jane.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

It's the same over here, Jane bear_sad  High 80s with higher humidex. I hate it.

I came home from a walk to the grocery story yesterday literally pouring perspiration. I must have left a trail!! Maybe a small brook . . .

I have to hose down the dogs twice a day. After each soaking, they stretch out in front of the fans until the next soak.

The only coolish spot in my house right now is the basement. I'm living down here until the heat breaks.

Eileen

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Oh Hayley, I did post some pictures of the DJ neck and now I don;t know where they are.

Shelli???Sue Annn??HELP!  WHere are they.

You guys make it very hard for me to get out of here...and I am leaving tomorrow at 4am ...we're off to Florida....and I still have to sit on my suit cases to get them shut!!!

I'll miss you all:(

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Judi, I think they're under "Goiter" on the Edinburgh forum.

And before you get away to Disney Land for a GGGRrreat time, hugs and kisses for the knittie patterns. I just got them today. They're wonderful. A one-piece head, even. I love them, blither, blither.

You are the nicest and sweetest, Judi. Thank you so much!:D

Eileen

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Judi IS the nicest and sweetest.  And honestly, I couldn't for the life of me remember where those pictures were.  Maybe, since there's so much demand, Judi can re-post them here under TIPS & TECHNIQUES when she returns.  I don't want to "steal" them and post them for her...

Wanted to add, by the way, that yesterday it was a sweltering, skin-rippling 100 degrees here in Chico, and my sister -- visiting in-laws in Arizona (she's living in DC otherwise) -- reported Arizona at a whopping 117 (YES, seriously, 117) degrees.

Aargh! bear_tongue

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Shelli,  at 100 degrees I'd spontaneously combust!!

It's 90 degrees and climbing here in the Great White North.  I have a sister in Tempe Arizona who loves the heat! II think she must have been adopted.

We have lovely old bay windows, but only the side sashes open, and they're too small for any known air conditioner.

I just checked the Edinburgh forum, and it's still down. As soon as it's back, I'll take the liberty of sending a link for Judi's double-jointed neck pix.

Eileen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yeah, it was 100 degrees here in Texas yesterday, too . . . along with humidity bear_sad  Eileen, I have a sister living in Tempe, AZ, too!!  What a coincidence! bear_laugh  She hates to visit here because of the humidity, but I won't visit there in the summer because of that 117 degree heat.  We have a difference of opinion as to which is worse! bear_happy  But, we've only had 3 days so far with 100 degree temps, so maybe it won't be a really bad summer.  Judi, have a great time in Florida, and hopefully there won't be anymore hurricanes blowing through! bear_shocked bear_shocked

Board footer