Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

sonblestbears Son Blest Bears
Geetingsville, Indiana
Website

Hi, I'm a new member, I think I joined sometime last week. Everyone was so very nice in welcoming me and I so appreciated it!  I've not been back on here recently though because my 1 yr old son became very ill and was hospitalized.  They determined he was dehydrated and they kept him on iv fluids until he was better.  They couldn't tell us why or how he got dehydrated so quickly because he is a big eater and drinker.  Thanks to God, he is now home and is doing great.  I also became sick right after bringing him home and my husband had to take off work to be with our kids because I couldn't even get out of bed.  I am better today, hopefully we will all be 100% again real soon!! We're hoping for a much better weekend ahead of us!  Please keep us in your prayers, I really appreciate it!  Thanks so much....Sincerely, Kimi

K Pawz Guest

OH kimi, I hope all is getting better with you and your little one...you can believe that you are in the thoughts of myself and many members here :hug:

Hugs,
Krista

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

Hi Kimi

I hope, that you all are better for the weekend. It is tough, when your child is sick.  :pray:

You will be in our thought.

Take care.  bear_flower

Hugs Birgitte

Ps. Your avatar bear is a beauty.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh Kimi!   :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  Hope that all is well soon!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Oh Kimi!!  bear_shocked  You have had such a tough time of it! Big hugs and prayers coming your way.......

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Tracy

sonblestbears Son Blest Bears
Geetingsville, Indiana
Website

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: Thank you so much Krista, Birgitte, Kim B and Tracy...... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: Warmest Blessings  bear_wub , Kimi

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Hi Kimi, glad to see you are back! Hope you are all feeling 150% better soon!  And don't you be dragging that to Lafayette!!   bear_happy

:hug:
Kimberly W.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Kimi - what terrible news.  I really hope everything will be fine from now on and you can participate on this board as often as you like.
Talk soon
Danni

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Kimi,

Sorry to hear that your little son was hospitalized - what a worry and then for you to go and get sick also.
Hope that you can all have a good weekend and get some rest and take care, and feel heaps better.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I'm sorry Kimi..take care of yourself and get better and I'm hoping the best for your little boy.  My sister just came out of hospital after a week yesterday, its tough...
big hugs  :hug:  :hug:
sarah

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, kimi, i am sorry to hear you had a hard time with your son and then yourself being ill!

Get well soon and take care!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, I forgot to tell you I loooove your avatar bear!
He is so cute!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad Very scary, Kimi--I hope your little son is much much better, and that you're on the mend too!  :hug:

Dehydration can happen so fast, especially in children. Fever seems to speed it up.

My youngest had her wisdom teeth removed yesterday--the few hours she spend without eating or drinking before being anesthetized left her so dehydrated that the surgeon had a terrible time finding a vein to insert the IV into!

Eileen

nettie scotland
Website

I remeber my daughter being ill at that age.It is so worrying.You were probabaly ill afterwards because of the stress of it.Be nice to yourself and get well soon.
Hugs Diane xxx

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Hope he is better soon...  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Kimi, I'm so sorry to hear about your baby.  bear_cry
I hope he and all of you will be better soon.

This is not good time to say this but
I love your bear in the avatar.  He is sooo adorable.  bear_flower

warmest hugs/Marie

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Be sure I will pray for you.  I thank God your son is better.  We do serve a wonderful, awesome God.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Ahhh Miss Kim

I am sorry about the scare you went through.   Little ones that age do become dehydrated so very quickly...

The nice thing about a scare like this is that you learn something so valuable and can pass it on to other young moms who might not know.

I am very happy it was just a scare.  You are so right

Thanks to God

I figure if the Bible is right and if we are made in HIS image then he too likes to hear a thank you now and then, I too will add this to my thank you prayers.....

Take care of yourself-when we have little ones like this we can get run down too  bear_original

:hug:  :hug:

dilu

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi Kimi, I have not had a chance to welcome you because I too have been very sick for a few weeks.

Anyway, thank GOD your baby is okay.  I know how scarey that can be.  Babies can dehydrate very quickly too.  Take care and welcome abaord!

Board footer