Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I saw in this Yahoo news clip that Germany has had its first bear sighting in 170 years!!  :photo:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060521/sc … 0521214645

Apparently they will put a tracker collar on it so they can keep tabs on the bruin.  The only thing I'm not keen on is how much livestock a bear can kill.  But all in all, I think its pretty cool!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Wow. 
I wonder how it got there?

piegabaer Speyer/Germany

I´m from Germany and the bear shell be from Italy. Because of the opening from Russia, Poland, Tchechia and so on we will get more bears from there.
But I´ve very bad news: they now want a kill the bear because he should be dangerous bear_sad . He killed 7 sheeps (not the first time...) and comes now by the houses of the people who live there.

Other people who love animals now try to rescue him...
I hope so that he will be rescued!!!

Maybe someone of you can understand a little bit of this article:

http://www.stern.de/wissenschaft/natur/ … 61582.html

Stellajella Wien

Debbie,
yeah you´re right.
The bear wandered to Bavaria from Austria, leaving a trail of blood. It is unusual for a bear to kill animals and not eat them, and that is what he did. Maybe he´s in some sort of rage. And since he is not afraid of humans, this could become dangerous.
I hope they can catch the fellow, before one of the heroic hunters meets him.
We have a strong WWF program here in Austria for the brown bears, that settled here in the last decades. I guess we have about 20 now and at first it was hard to convince farmers about this project, since of course sometimes a bear would kill a sheep or two.
A few weeks ago the situation of the brown bear in Europe was discussed and the European Union shows interest in supporting the programs here. Too bad that now an obviousely dangerous animal overshadows all the efforts to make brown bears feel at home in western Europe.
I sure hope, that this won´t start a hype against bears!

Gaby bear_flower

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

ouch you want to protect the wild  bears aswell as the livestock. I do hope that the bear is rescued in a kind way and that some WWF  project will help sort Mr bear  before too much damage can be done both to the bear and to anyone else who might cross his/her path.
bear_noexpression
Lynette

Board footer