Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I'm currently working on an "extreme makeover" on one of my bears that didn't get much action and didn't sell.  I'm now questioning my intelligence in this move.

Where is Ty Pennington when I need him?  Oh, wait...that's houses...hmmmm.

Anyone else ever done an extreme makeover...and I'm not talking just changing the accessories.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Oh yes, Shantell, I have done makeovers on bears several times when I haven't been happy or gotten a good response to them - repositioning ears and/or eyes, more facial sculting, turning them into distressed bears, sex changes (okay that one is mostly just accessories lol!) and I think the results have been a big improvement almost every time! I remember one bear that I kept doing changes on until I was almost ready to throw him out but I finally got it right and sold him!
Good luck and just keep trying!
Bear hugs, Edie

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

I do it too Shantell.... I just keep trying different thing until he or she looks "Just Right" to me!  If you are not 100% happy with a bear pre-makeover.... you really have nothing to loose by trying!   :hug:  :dance:   

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Board footer