Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

I received the following today and thankfully noticed there was no httpss in the header so did not respond. I also put a stop payment at my bank in case they managed to get through. I did not make this purchase!!! I had also never seen the link at the bottom of a legitimate paypal e-mail asking me to confirm if I was the purchaser and if I was not then to proceed and provide the necessary information to cancel the payment
Do these type of crooks never give up!!! Interesting choice of business name-Creative???? The purchaser has 1 address in Beaver Falls Pa and 3 in Brownsville Pa. There is a Wayne Bakewell at the address but he is 82 years old. Is this the son? The plot thickens. I forwarded the e-mail to Paypal Seems you can't let your guard down for a minute!!!
Hugs
Gail

Dear member,

This email confirms that you have paid paypal@creative.com $379.12 USD using PayPal.

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *CREATIVE".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment Details

Purchased From:creative.labs

Item # Item Title Quantity Price Subtotal
8751475190 Creative Labs Gigaworks THX 7.1 S750 PC Speakers 1 $349.99 USD $349.99 USD

Shipping & Handling via USPS First Class Mail to 154XX
(includes any seller handling fees) $18.25 USD
Shipping Insurance (optional): --
Sales Tax (6.000% inPA) :  $10.88 USD

Total: $379.12 USD
Note:Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping Information

Shipping Info:  Wayne E Bakewell
16 elm st
Brownsville, PA 15417
United States

Address Status:  Confirmed 

If you have questions about the shipping and tracking of your purchased item or service, please contact the seller paypal@creative.com.

Do you confirm this transaction?

If this transaction was not made by you please immediately take the following steps:

Login to your account by clicking on the link below
Provide requested information to ensure you are the owner of the account
Find this transaction in HISTORY and click 'Cancel Transaction'

CANCEL TRANSACTION!

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

PayPal Email ID PP843

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

These type of scammers are making it more and more difficult for legitimate enterprises to continue in business.  It really makes me angry to hear about all these scams - surely they would be much better off putting all that energy and creative talent to a legitimate business.  Probably even make more money! 
It's a good thing you caught it.

Fuming in Nanaimo,

Jane P.

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Thanks for the heads up Gail.

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

I've gotten those before.  The one I received said I bought a Rolex watch.  They want you to panic and click on the link in the message so they can steal your password.  I went to paypal and there was no record of a transaction there.  Always open a new window to log in to paypal, and change your password occasionally to be safe.

Joan

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

As long as you remember that both PayPal and ebay will address you personally using your name - rather than with "dear member" you will know instantly that the message is bogus. Never click on a link in such a message if you are unsure - go to the PayPal or ebay site and check it out there.
I know it can be unnerving to get these messages - especially the first time - I remember just being in a panic the first time I got one saying my PayPal account was being shut down unless I clicked on the link and responded even though I was about 99% certain it was bogus!
Bear hugs, Edie

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi Gail

I just wanted to tell you that is a real company "Creative Labs". They make sound systems for computers.  I would contact them and tell them what was sent to you. I am sure they would appreciate it.

hugs kassie

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I once got one similar that I had bought a pink phone that totalled over $330!  YAH RIGHT!! It was spam!  I moved my mouse over the link and it wasn't an authentic paypal link... DONT TRUST ANY PAYPALS THAT COME FROM UNKNOWN SOURCES! CHECK PAYPAL TO SEE IF THERE IS A DEBIT!

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Oh it is soooo good of you girls to post these scams on here.
It is such a great help to those like myself that arn't up with all these internet nasties.
Thankyou  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Board footer