Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

Hi,
THis message is for those who are taking the ATC class that was supposed to start today.  I've had to postpone by a day, due to the BIGGEST email nightmare I've ever experienced...

Check this out!

bear_shocked

I am currently working on revamping the Teddy Central Site,  something that I've been meaning to do for some time.   However...the email for the domain hasn't been used in almost a year and there are a whopping 18,500 spam messages in the inbox!!!!!!   bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Fright!

I'm finding that the quickest way to delete is to import into Outlook and then delete as they go, several hundred at a time.  Unfortunately, the webmail doesn't allow me to just purge the whole inbox at once, and it's much slower to delete webmail.

However, it has still taken almost the whole day, and in the meantime, I can't use my usual email accounts to send out passwords.

SO....long story short....I have 2000 to go.  Then I'm having a glass of wine and a big bowl of low fat ice cream.  Then I'm going to bed.  The class will start tomorrow.

Moral of the story...check your email often.

hugs,
nt

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

What a nightmare for you and so much time spent to get rid of it!! Wish someone could come up with a way to stop these spams
Hugs
Gail

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Nancy! Sorry to hear that! I was trying to reach you by e-mail but this is obviously the reason why I DIDN"T!

P.S.
Chinook is fine and waiting for your YES/NO  to go to Moscow.
He was on TV and everybody who saw him and me ( :dance: ) said that is COOL!  bear_thumb

Hugs, Julia

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

Hi,
Hey Julie That's Awesome!     My email is now cleared...thank goodness!!!!!! bear_tongue  bear_tongue  bear_tongue
So I can receive normal messages again.    I may have inadvertantly deleted the odd good one with the spam, but I was pretty careful, so hopefully, I didn't delete too many!

Now that the email is set up, I can continue work on revamping the Teddy Central Site.  I'll be contacting all the people that have banners in the Top50 first.  It'll take about 3 weeks to get this site in proper working order with a fresh layout.    But I am SO glad to have the inbox cleared!

Hugs,
nt

Board footer