Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I got up this morning and decided that I really needed to get some outdoor chores done...one being scrubbing my dirty deck from all the kitty (and skunk) traffic.  I made a trip around the front of the house towards the open garage and saw two kittens frolicking in the flowerbed so I'm leaning against the corner of the garage watching them.   The next thing I know Skippy is pouncing on one of them and has her big ol slobbery mouth around it's neck and is literally dragging the wiggly meowing baby across the mud, rocks and cement and INTO the garage.   Then here she comes again...baby number 2....little did I know she had already moved the other two.    AUGH...

After a short conversation with my housemate we decide to redo where she had previously had them thinking perhaps their meandering all over the front flowerbed was more than one mamma  wanted to deal with.  So we made it so they couldn't get out but had  plenting of room to play and Skippy could still get  to them...moved them all back.   Not 5 minutes later she's moving them back into the garage.   AUGH.   So we move them again...and this time closed the garage door...duh.  NOPE...here comes Skippy dragging a crying baby and just dumps it in front of the garage door...and goes and gets a second kitten.  Guess who won!!!

I'll be posting pictures as soon as she settles herself down.  She's all in a tizzy right now.  I still need to move my car out...which has rarely spent a night outside.   And figure out how to keep her and the babes inside at night and the skunks, raccoons, coyotes and whatever else wanders at night out of the garage.  I'm not sure she realizes that the garage door actually needs to be closed at nighttime...CATS!!!   And I have no idea if she even knows what a litterbox is.  I'm afraid as soon as that door starts closing she's going to freak out and try to run out the door.  Leaving the side door cracked really isn't an option...because of all the other critters.   Good grief....

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Aww Shantell

Your Miss Skippy is a very careful mama

bear_wub

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

:doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub 

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Willamette Valley Oregon
Dilu wrote:

Aww Shantell

Your Miss Skippy is a very careful mama

:love:

You wouldn't be saying that if you had seen her...poor Annie probably has a concussion and road rash from being dropped and drug across the cement.   When Skippy finally let her go I bent down and said "it's okay, honey...we'll let you move them into the garage...little Annie came running to me for rescue."

Skippy seems to be settling down.  I managed to get my car out of the garage  without too much of an incident.   I put a litterbox in the garage...will close the door tonight before Mr. Skunk decides to investigate and see what happens.  Skippy acts like she wants to bring them right on into the house.   She's a bit of a nervy ol' gal if you ask me.   bear_wacko

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Annie has a concussion?   bear_shocked And road rash?!!   bear_shocked My poor little Annie!!   bear_cry 

So, they've migrated to the garage?  That Skippy is a smart little gal!  She has you trained already.  It's amazing how fast they train us, isn't it?  She'll be in the house with kittens in tow before you know it.   bear_original

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Willamette Valley Oregon

Nah...Annie is as good as gold...the little darling.  I checked her over and gave her lots of cuddles.  It's amazing how rough a mamma kitty is with them.  If I hadn't known better I would have thought she was pouncing on some sort of rodent.   They are way too big for her to be trying to move especially since she only has one front paw.

The kittens were playing and rough housing as kittens should!!!

bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Okay.   bear_original   Would you, pretty please, give her a cuddle for me?  The others too!!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

AWWWWW . . . love the kitten updates/photos, Shantell!  Keep 'em coming!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Shantell,
     So Skippy moved them again!  It must be funny to see her dragging them as they must be quite big LOL!  I was glad to hear that Skippy came into the house - that's a start.   Keep the piccies coming!

hugs,

Brenda

Willamette Valley Oregon
thumperantiques wrote:

It must be funny to see her dragging them as them must be quite big LOL!

It was actually quite scarry.  She was very very rough with them and I honestly was afraid she was going to hurt one before it was said and done.

All seems to be well this morning.  We moved a few things to give them more play room...although the old carpet we threw down in the garage is filthy and really needs to be vacuumed.  Oh well...can't be any worse than the dirty leaves and mud.  bear_original bear_original  Skippy has been gone for some time but I see her roaming around the pasture...hunting I guess.   She better leave her prey  out there and not bring it into the garage...EWWWWWWWW.

The babies are rough housing right now as I type. I tried to get pictures but they move too fast and all you see are blurry blobs of fur.

This it the best kind of furry fun!!!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website
Willamette Valley Oregon

The kittens are getting even with their mother for abusing them during the relocation.  Yesterday she was laying in the kitty bed and two of the kittens (yes Annie was one of them) were playing in their new "playpen".   They kept running up to Skippy and jumping on her head and attacking her with all their kitten ferociousness.  It was hysterical...Skippy just batted them off like they were little flies or something...and looked up at me like..."can YOU do something about them?"

Poor Skippy...HA HA HA (evil laugh)

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Oh Shantell, I'd love to have seen that!  Kittens are at their absolute best when they are the most mischievious.  Aleta, sounds like you are going to have your hands full with Annie LOL!

hugs,

Brenda

Board footer