Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

nettie scotland
Website

sam-and-bun.jpgMy old bear arrived today via another village thanks to The Royal Mail.
I love her and finally "get" the whole bear thing.I have been walking around with her in a slightly deranged scary way!!!I just love her soo much.Here she is now sitting on the infamous tatty window sill with her new buddy!!!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

What a delightful pair they make.   bear_original  bear_original  bear_original Your bear is just wonderful!!  Did you give her a name?

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

P.S.  :doh:  :doh: Now I see her name is Sam.  silly me

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Oh Diane, I can see why you fell for her charms....just adorable bear_wub  bear_wub

Feed her well tonight.

:hug:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Oh she is wonderful, so much charm!
Whats her name?

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_wub Awwwwhhhh, she's SO sweet!!!  How lovely she's got a new buddy too  bear_wub

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Just sooo sweet Diane - I love those old bears.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

She really is a gorgeous old bear!
She may have found a bunch of new friends in your home!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Oh, Diane, Sam is a lovely old bear!  bear_wub You have chosen such a dear-faced little one, and I love the photo of her with her "new" friend. This is making me miss my antique bears--most of them are still at my parents' house in California because I didn't have room for them to move with me! I think on my next trip there I'll need to rent a moving trailer and haul my things back here to Colorado. No, they're not all bears... bear_grin My mom collects antiques...maybe she would be willing to bestow some on me to use with my bears.  bear_whistle  Ah, the mind's a-working now!  bear_grin

Thanks for sharing her with us!
Debora

vkallum Humble-Crumble Collectors Bears
Essex, England
Website

Oh Diane - she is lovely - you must be so pleased with her.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Diane....she's simply precious and looks right at home with her new friend.   I'm never that lucky...

Hugs,
Shantell

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

well, Diane, it sounds to me like your hooked - I think it's a bit like potato chips, you can't just eat one! I expect to be seeing photos of new additions to your antique bear collection regularily! bear_grin
Bear hugs, Edie
P.S. She is a charming bear - great start!

nettie scotland
Website

The wee soul was already called Sam.Her outfit was made by her original owner.I find it so thrilling to think of the person that made her almost a hundred years ago doing what I do now.I have gotten quite friendly with the seller who has had to sell her collection due to ill health.I think my gain was her loss financially and emotionally.I feel sad for her but I don't think she had any choice but to sell off her collection.She says she feels better knowing this the last of her bears has an appreciative home.I could never have afforded her if she had gone for what she is really worth.
I bought the weebunny ten years ago so it will probably be another decade till the nextpurchase ha ha.I can see how I would perhaps get hooked if I was not sole provider for the human and furry Kennedy family.
Hugs Diane xxx

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Diane, she is adorable - what a lovely face.  I'm glad you have her and you have obviously made her original owner happy as well.  Two smiles for the price of one!  I love her friend -t hey look perfect together.

hugs,

Brenda

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Ha! you are on the slippery slope Diane..............careful  bear_tongue  :dance:

I thought i would only buy one and ended up with about 30 of the little beasts, very lovely to have another artists bear, it makes you realise the effect your own bears have on their owners and therefore hones your insight into the intricacies of bear making even more.

Bootiful bear Diane....love the bunny wunny too  bear_wub

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

What a great pair!  Be careful - collecting is very addictive!   bear_original  bear_tongue

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That is one great looking bear . . . fantastic!

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Collecting is addictive!!!! :hug:  be careful....

Board footer