Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

We have two cats and I really don't like leaving them out all night.  One comes when I call, but the other one is trickier.  I've stayed up till 4:00 - 5:00 a.m. the last few nights and thought I would go to bed early tonight.  Cat number one, toodles in the door when I call, cat number two (Thumper of course) I can see under the next door neighbours truck.  I go out with his favourite Whiskas treats, to encourage him.  I hold out a couple and nothing.  I get closer and put one or two on the ground and it usually works - nothing!  (Obviously, he's getting smarter)  After coaxing for 15 minuttes, I put a small pile of them on the ground, hoping the smell with be irresistible and I step back into the shadows so he can't see me - nothing!  Then all of a sudden, I see a white paw come out from under the truck and pull the pile of treats under the truck!!!!  That's it - the cat is obviously smarter them I am and can fend for himself  so he's staying out all night  and I'm off to bed!

hugs,

Brenda

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:   That is tooo funny!!!  Reminds me of our bunny - she's getting wise to our tricks also.

Thanks for the laugh.

Danni

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Ah, when cats use their brain!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Hope the little stinker came in and let you get some sleep finally Brenda!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh my gosh Brenda that was too funny!  Hope you slept OK!!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: I needed that little giggle today.  Cats are remarkable creatures.  They're much smarter than people realize.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Cats...gotta love 'em!!!   They have minds of their own don't they.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I hope you had a good night's sleep Aleta! I'm sure Thumper had a wonderful night with a full belly to boot!
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Yes folks,   I did sleep - I took half a gravol (dramamine?) which always helps when I'm overtired and stressed.  I got up around 6:00 a.m. for a tinkle break and Thumper was plastered to the front window, doing his best Garfield imitation.  My devilish side almost left him out there, but I couldn't do it.  He did not, however, get any treats when he came in, per his usual routine.  He jumped up on the stove, as his treats are in the cupboard above it, and it was with great pleasure that I walked away, leaving him with a "what did I do" look LOL!   :crackup:

hugs,

Brenda

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Ha! Good for you!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Good enough for him!!  I love it that cats "think"!

sarahjane Brisbane

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

That cat has you very well trained...you are now an official food delivery service!!!

:crackup:  :crackup:

Sue Ann, everytime I read that animals don't have "reasoning" skills, I laugh till I cry.  Cats, especially, are some of the smartest animals I know.  Another one of Thumper's skills is to rake his "unclawed" paws on my lower back when I'm sitting at the computer and he wants outside.  If I ignore him, he bites my butt!  He knows I will react and practically throw him outside, which is exactly what he wants!  I wish there were IQ tests for animals! LOL!

hugs,

Brenda

Renae,  Thumper is definitely a smart cat, but he does have some nasty habits.  His biting really frustrates me.  We found him at about three months of age, and he was not a nice kitten - he didn't purr for the first six months or so.  We suspect he was abused because you have to be careful how you approach him.  If I come from the front to pet him, I will always get bitten.  If he is on the counter and I open the cuttlery drawer to get a spoon, he will attack, so he's not allowed on the counter anymore.  He used to hide upstairs and jump at me and bite my legs, but a squirt bottle has pretty much stopped that behaviour.  He only bites me - never my husband.  Since hubby has been working in Toronto, he has started to jump on my lap for a cuddle, which is nice, but I have to be wary - if I continue too long, he bites me.  He is definitely a frustrating kitty!

hugs,

Brenda

Board footer