Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

kangarooforTtgracie2.jpgKangaroo-forTTwanda.jpgwendalynnkangaroosidefullshotbentback.jpgmabelcolourcute.jpgMABEL, WENDALYNN,  WANDA,  GRACIE.                                                                       
They are both needle felted faces on mohair. Mabel has handpainted glass eyes. (a trick I picked up here)
Both have waxed noses( a trick I picked up here) They are both fully armatured. (some of that I picked up here) bear_grin  And Mabel has spraypainted embellishments( another trick I picked up here).
Just thought I would share.
I have just finished sewing one joey. This is five patterns later mind you. Two patterns ago I had a winner and went to get the pattern to do it in mohair and the pattern was gone. So I drew up another pattern and it was waaaay to large. SOOOOOOOOI used the wee mouse as a size guide and came up with the final joey.
I should have them both finished by the end of the weekend.   I'm also finishing off a platypus, which is a charity piece .I hope to have him finished by then as well. No rest for the wicked aye? I must have been really naughty in my last life. bear_grin  bear_grin
Thankyou, spotya's    Wendy bear_smile

I thought I would update and pop Wanda and Gracie here as well. Its strange to be seeing them side by side.
Only 4 so far. I'm at the moment working on the 5th one. (big grin) Wendy bear_smile

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Wendy, well done I love Mabel and her pal  :clap:  bear_original

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

I looove your kangaroos !!!  bear_wub

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

cute, cute, cute, cute, cute.

They are both awsome! I have always loved that red one, but the top one is my fav.

NIce work! :clap:

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

There are both wonderful. Can't wait to see their joeys.  :dance:

Marion

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Well done Matilda. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   Both are glorious!  My favorite is the first one.  What expressions you capture! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Ooohh Wendy, more of your wonderful roos. I like them both, but my favourite is my Wanda  bear_wub

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Wendy, these are both GREAT Roo-Looks! You're so clever and original :clap:

I must confess a slight partiality for Mabel . . . maybe it's the floppy ears? bear_wub

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

They make me giggle!!! :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: Love em!
Hugs,

WA

Thankyou folks. You are all very sweet.  The best is that they are now going to the people that I initially designed them for.  Its great how things can work out so well. (biggrin) I'll post pics of joey's when they are done.  Spotya's  Wendy bear_grin  bear_thumb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

[size=20]Awww honey, [/size]

[size=20]you do have style and flair galore![/size]

These two faces are so cute, so full of personality.....

Great Job!

dilu

WA

Thankyou Dilu, that was a lovely thing to say. I'm rather chuffed.  bear_grin
And Kitty! you crack me up!!! :crackup: Ypur such a sweet nutter.
Wendy bear_thumb

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

I love your kangaroos, Wendy!!!! They ae so cute!!!!

knuffelbear Claudia's Knuffelbaeren
Heinsberg

Your kangaroos are

gorgeous  bear_wub

WA

Thankyou Lisa, It means alot to me to hear such lovely compliments from someone of your creative stature.
Making kangaroos and platypi wasnt a conscious thing. Not at any time did I sit down and say to myself that I want to make heaps of australiana, now how do I do it?.   I made one kangaroo and joey for a swap and then I made a platy by a happy accident.
So ,for as long as anyone wants one. I shall carry on making them.  I have tonnes of ideas bear_grin  but I'm also dying to get back to bears as well.  bear_grin
Regards Wendy bear_thumb

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

What great kangaroos...
That's what I need to try next...

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I love soooo much your happy kangaroos and I cannot wait to see mine... I hope you can finish him soon.
bear_tongue

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

WA

BILBY-for-TT.jpgOH Jared!!! I wish you would!!! You have such creative flare, I would love to see your interpretation :dance: GO FOR IT!!!! :thumbsup:

This is the aussie version of a rabbit. Its called a BILBY. We can buy chocolate ones for easter.  bear_grin
I pulled this out of Sundays paper. I have had it in my mind to make a Bilby for quite awhile now.

Sophie!!! I got the hint possum :crackup: I shall get stuck back into Blossom tomorrow. My corriedale and new needles arrived today. I have been NFing all afternoon. :hug:

Polo, IL

Matilda -
It looks like a squirrel, rabbit, rat, and a mouse all rolled into one...
Cute little guy...

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I have said thsi before but I have to say it again..Wendy , I LOVE your kangaroos !!!   

....and CONGRATUALTIONS for the article in TBCI!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

WA

I think you would be right there Jared. Weird looking things. But then most of the aussie animals look like they have been put together by a blind man.

Thankyou Judi.
Needle felting isnt high on my favourite things to do list . It is the only way I can express in my critters what I need to express. If that makes any sense.  I've just started on some corriedale from NZ. But it is putting me to sleep like the other slivers use to.  I need something that felts hard quickly.  Its nice having a whole new lot of needle sizes to work with though.
Wendy bear_thumb

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Wendy I love your kangaroo's nearly as much as your Platypusses, you really do a fantastic job on them...

Polo, IL

Wendy -
I think that God made the animals from your part of the world that way to show he has a sense of humor...
Well that's what I think...

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Wendy, your roo's are such fun! They made me grin! bear_original

I must remember to have one of you Aussies send me a big Chocolate Bilby for Easter! That's a riot!

Jared, their creatures are rather funny looking, aren't they?

calabear Cala Bear Den
Winnipeg, MB

Wow, your kangaroos are great.... wonderful expressions.

hugs
carola

Board footer