Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Black-Forest-01.jpgHi everyone.  I have already posted pictures of BLACK FOREST in the Showcase but thought he would also fit nicely into this section.

This new design is 16.5" tall and has a double jointed neck.

This Intercal mohair is very soft and beautiful to work with.

I have done some extensive needle sculpting and needle felting on his face, brow, and paws.

I used wool batt and it took me over 6 hours to felt his muzzle alone.

If you wouldlike to see more pictures, here is the link to show case:
http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=7737

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I love the feet and claws on this one Judi. He's really spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wendy bear_thumb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Judikins

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Fandabbydozy Judi, he is soooooooo cute.   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub     

Hugs Jane.   bear_thumb

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Fantastic Judi :clap:

WA

I just popped by for another look. Yep he still looks spectacular. bear_thumb
He looks like he could handle a really good cuddle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bear_smile

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Wow, one day I would love to get to this standard...absolutely fabulous...

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Judi what a great bear!
I love him...

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thanks Jared. :hug:

How are you coming with your needle felting onto mohair?  Are ya hooked yet???!!!

Polo, IL

I don't even have the supplies yet. I think I might try to pick some up at Schaumburg this fall.
Or I might order them. There are tons of great kits out there.
Will you be making the trip down to see us all at Schaumburg?

Polo, IL

Whoo Who!!!!
Mom just discovered a quilt shoppe in the next town that has felting supplies so I might go over there Saturday to pick up some NF supplies and think of something special for Schaumburg. But I'll be sure to post it here first. Mom is thinking about NF the eyepatches or eyelids, just something different.
I think I might be able to wrangle my sister into updating our websites. That would be a great help... maybe she'll start taking picutres too. That would be too good... We'll see...
Then I might just have time for the NFing.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Very , very nice, but............They always ARE !!!! I so enjoy your work. :clap:

WA

JUST PONDERING SOME OF LIFES QUESTIONS........

While spending hours last night needle felting thinking "will this ever come together?" I was thinking about other needle felted faces I have seen here and on ebay in web sites and such... and also thinking about some thing Judi said just recently about the fun with the sculpting part of needle felting . Which is my favourite part as well.
Not tooo keen on the prep work. AND putting all these thoughts higglety piggelty as you do when randomly thinking as you work  and realised that there are so many needle felters that finish their felting at the stage that I call' prep work'. I was thinking "what a shame" " if only they took it just a little further"
The prep work can be long and tedious. BUT with a great foundation the most amazing sculpting and carve work can be achieved.  Instead of making 10 critters how about making one and making that one the best ever critter that came out of your studio.  bear_thumb aye?  I know how easy it is to say "bugga it, that's all ya gettin"
to a critter. But then I think , that this critter is going to be out there in the world under scutiny for quite some time. So why not spend a little extra time and  just go for it. The sculpting is the FUN part and is also the EASY part.  Building the foundation is the hard part. Once that is over,  from there it is a breeze. bear_thumb
So dont UNDER ESTIMATE your talents.  A lot of the time, 'something clever 'comes from the fact that more time has been spent on it. .................just a thought bear_smile

Polo, IL

Wendy -
I have several ideas for my "master pieces" I just have yet to have the time to create them.
These are the ideas that have been hanging around in my head for nearly 15 years... And I still remember most of them that is amazing...  :crackup:

These are the pieces that will take severals days if not weeks to create and these are the pieces that will have the $1500 price tags...
Time will tell and I will have the time to make them someday.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

IT IS A NICE FEELING TO KNOW THERE WILL BE LITTLE PIECES OF YOU ALL OVER THE WORLD WHEN YOU LEAVE IT !! I AM HOPING MY ART IS REMEMBERED FOR MANY MANY YEARS.AND TO DO YOUR BEST AND SPEND A LITTLE MORE TIME IS KEY !!

Board footer