Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

The bunnies that is!
The final three are on their way to Vancouver Canada to become famous movie stars! These guys will be fitted with animatronics so that they move and there was talk of eyes that blink! I don't care what they do with them as long as my part is ALL DONE!!!

3bunniesfront.jpg

You have no idea what a thron in my side this project has been. I'm sure I'll be thrilled once the movie comes out and I can say I made that bunny but right now I think it's ugly, it's caused the rest of my business to come to a screaching halt and with all that's been going on with my father it's been this nagging project I HAVE to do but my heart isn't in it. I think it shows in these last 3 but hey..... it's amazing what they can do in a production studio to make them look cute!! 

So, until you see Mimzy in the theaters in April 2007...... say good-bye!!!!

3bunniesback.jpg

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

THEY ARE ABSOLUTLY ADORABLE!!! EVEN THEIR BOTTOMS ARE CUTE!!  bear_wub Congrats on finally finishing, Daphne!!! (how many did you make, again:?)

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Goodbye, Mimzy!  See you at the movies!!  bear_original

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
kbonsall wrote:

(how many did you make, again:?)

6 official bunnies went to the production company for use in the movie
3 prototypes were sent to them that they kept but won't use
and then there is the HUGE black trash bag full of bodies and parts that didn't make the cut!
:doh:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LOL... bag-o-mimzy parts LOL  :crackup:

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Woohoo Daphne, congratulations. You must feel so relieved and free. Those bunnies seamed like a lead ball on a chain dragging you down to the bottom of the lake  bear_grin Now you are back at the surface and I am sure the creative juices will start flowing again.  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

eehhhhaaaaa...you finally don't have to be haunted by all the Mimzy's...and hey...after the movie comes out...you can auction off that bag-o-mimzy parts on e-bay and get rich...just think how after the movie is a big huge hit...those reject parts will be very collectable:)
Hugs,

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Dear Daphne,
WELL DONE and three cheers, they are so cute and you SHOULD be so proud of your self.
bear_flower
Cheers Susan

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!   I'm sure you are very relieved to have that project over.   

:clap:   :clap:   :clap:

Later Mimzy!!  It's been nice seein' ya!!!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
yeah! You have finnished all the clons!!!!

Yepppppeeee!

Well done, dear Daphne, you are brilliant!

You deserve an award for that hard work!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

K Pawz Guest

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: Well done Daphne they all look awesome and can't wait to see the movie...and I am sure by the time it comes out you will love little Mimzy again..... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs,
Krista

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

:dance:  :clap:  :dance:  :clap: Three cheers for you Daphne!  I was wondering when your production of this guy was wrapping up... thruth be told though... I thought it was best not to ask... I know that you were kinda anxious about finishing them!  So... YEA!!!!  They are done, off your work desk, and out of your life until April!!!!!  And then... WE get to see them through the magic of the movie!  I am just SO happy for you Daphne! 

I think I've said this maybe 4 times already.... but honestly, I think it's worth repeating.... I just think that this is the coolest thing to be able to have on your Artist's Bio page.... "Designer and Creator of the Mimzy Rabbit."  SO AWESOME!!!!!   :dance:  :clap:  bear_wub

Kim Basta
Widl Thyme Originals

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
WildThyme wrote:

I think I've said this maybe 4 times already.... but honestly, I think it's worth repeating.... I just think that this is the coolest thing to be able to have on your Artist's Bio page.... "Designer and Creator of the Mimzy Rabbit."  SO AWESOME!!!!!   :dance:  :clap:  :love:

I just have to clarify... as it's a)in my contract and b)NOT a good representation of my skills, ability and idea of cute..... I did NOT create this bunny! A man named Miles on the art staff of the production company designed it. I only brought it into fuzzy 3D from his drawing. So I guess that makes me.... "Sewer of Mimzy"? "Maker of Mimzy"? or stretching it.... "Designer of the 3D version of Mimzy"? I will definitely come up with something catchy to put in my bio!!!

Thank you all for sharing this with me and for appreciating my enthusiam at having them done! I must say, being a procrastinator certainly didn't speed up the process any!!!! But it's over!!
:dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Three cheers for Daphane - hip hip hooray! - that is wonderful and what a great job you have made
of these great little Bunnies.

Look forward to seeing the famous little Mimzy on the big screen.

Bear hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I love them, I think they are adorable! Great job  :hug:

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Daphne,
One thing you will always have...and the movie people can never change...we all know you are the one who made Mimzy the way they wanted...and you have lots & lots of TT friends who know how much you went thru...and we know in our hearts You Created Mimzy and did  an incredible job!!!! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Hugs,

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Bravo, Daphne!  :clap: I have a hard enough time making siblings of my work (three's my limit!!). I can't imagine making six exact replicas...of something someone else drew on paper. You did a brilliant job bringing that idea to "life"!  bear_thumb Can't wait to see Mimzy on the big screen (or at least on my little TV in the commercials).

WA-HOO for you!!
Debora

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Big congrats, Daphne . . . they are all adorable!!  You're the real star here!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

WOOHOO DAPHNE

They're all beautiful, front and back!! bear_wub 

I'm proud to know 'ya, girl, and I can't wait until 'Daphne's Movie' comes out!! :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Yay yay yay hip horray!!!

They are so identical Daph!! and their bunny tails are so cute!!!!  They look perfect so don't worry, they are cute!!!  I know you've been struggling with it but seriously it doesn't show one bit. 
I suppose it will be weird for you watching them come to life and blink lol
huge hugs  :hug:  :hug:
Sarah

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

DAPHNE, DID YOU MAKE ONE JUST FOR YOURSELF????  :crackup:  :crackup:  bear_wub

Fantastic! I repeat everyones words! How could you possible do so many identical bunnies??
we all remeber what it costed to you..  :hug:
But the final results are awesome!

GREAT JOB!

Can't wait to see the movie!

Julia

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Congratulations, Daphne ! They are fantastic !  :hug:   :hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'm soo impressed! They are adorable. Maybe you don't see them that way anymore after staring at them so long, but they are awsome!

Great skill to be able to sew someone else's vision.

Ahhh, breathe a sigh of relief and go make a bear now!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Daphne, they turned out incredible.  I know you must be so relieved !   :hug:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Daphne congratulations!!!!!!!!!   :clap:   And I think they turned out just great!!

Board footer