Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Boy, I'm glad last week is over  bear_original

My five year old had a birthday party on Sunday,a joint party with her friend and 27 of their classmates so my friend and I knew it was going to be a bit hectic arranging the party games, the disco, prizes and food for everyone blah blah.... That was before CHICKEN POX decided to visit my daughter on Tuesday bear_sad

All week it was a case of would she, wouldn't she be ok but we got there in the end and a good time was had by all including my little one even though she was particularly spotty dotty bear_cry

Needless to say that not much bear making was done last week and I couldn't really check in here much so I am very sorry not to have left comments to all the lovely new bears bear_sad  I kept looking at pieces of fur cut out in my workroom hoping like in the fairytale, the elves would appear at night at stitch and stuff for me.  I find that in the hot weather and when my personal life is so busy I really find stitching and stuffing hard going and it seems to take twice as long to get to my favourite part - sculpting and painting.

I was just wondering if we were all allowed the occasional visit from the elves, which part of bearmaking would you like them to finish for you?  (Pen Pen - you are not allowed to say housework!) bear_laugh

:hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Kate,
     I would definitely let the elves do my noses - they are my bain of existence.  I almost always end of waxing them to cover the unevenness.  Yep, definitely the noses LOL!.

hugs,

Brenda

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Ooh, what a lovely thought ... for me it would have to be trimming the pile away from the edges of the fabric, pinning the pieces together and stuffing!  Is that too greedy?  :crackup:

I think my elves would be demanding industrial tribunals to establish reasonable terms for their use!  :redface:

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

I'm glad your daughter is on the mend, poor dear!

I would really love for the elves to trim the fur from the seam allowances (like Paula would like done) and sew the head gusset and the footpads for me. Unfortunately, I don't believe in elves, so I am farily certain that they won't help me!  bear_happy

Debora

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Are you kidding me?   bear_shocked   I'm much too much of a control freak when it comes to my bears to let elves help!!  Poor dears would quit with all my hovering to make sure the stitching was straight.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Yes, but those elves would do everything perfectly.  bear_original I know, you're right, Aleta. I can't let anyone else work on my bears. bear_ermm

Debora

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hi Kate!!

I've just been reading all about you in TBCI!!   Congratulations!!   Lovely article, gorgeous pics of your amazing bears!!   bear_wub

I would love some elves to come and do my cutting out, once I'm past that I love it!!   :dance:

My son got chicken pox a couple of years ago, he couldn't stop ITCHING, SCRATCHING and PICKING - has the scars to prove it - all over his face of course!!!   :doh:

Hope your little one is feeling better soon   :hug:  :hug:

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Thanks Clare  :hug:

She's much better now thanks, back to school in the morning bear_thumb 
I'm glad you liked the article, it's the first time I've ever had anything of mine in print so I am quietly proud. I also had a lovely trip to the TBT office to meet Kirste who took the photos. bear_original

I've just thought of another task for my Elves. You know all that terrible mess that's made when you are are at the finishing stage of a bear and you are bursting with creative ideas of how to accessorise it - ribbon box up turned, paints to clear up, needles and cottons on the work surface, all those bits you save up hoping to use one day are all over the floor.......

Yep, that's what my elves can do for me. A good tidy up and put all the ribbons into colour sorted bags, sort the threads into browns, creams and colours and put all the oils back neatly and clean the brushes PROPERLY........ :redface:

Yeah Kate, dream on!

:hug:

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Hi Kate,
If I had some little elves to give me a hand they could sew all my ears on for me.This is the only bit of bearmaking that I dread.I always leave this bit until last and only push myself to doing them as I know that I cannot say the bear is finished until this is done.I do sometimes think that I will do them sooner just to get them out of the way but there is always plenty of other bear things to do and oh dear I ran out of time :doh: If the elves would do this for me I don't think I would even feel guilty :twisted: I must go and make some more bears as hubby is complaining that since I joined teddy talk Ihaven't been making any. :crackup:
Laurie

Dilu Posts: 8,574

[size=20]yikes CHICKEN POX!!!!!  HOW AWFUL!!![/size]

I had chicken pox when I was 6 months pregnant....it was awful.  Only one mark to show for it though and its in a secret place.  I lived in the bathtub for a week- with oatmeal and baking soda....

We thought it would protect the boy since it was he who was in utero....

and perhaps it did.

He got chicken pox when he was 3.  But he didn't have too bad a spot of it.  However all the Kindergarten moms brought their kids over to be exposed....

I thought it odd, but when in Germany do as the Germans do....fortunetly I understood what they were saying, and so didn't commit any horrendous faux pas ( or should I say faux paws?)  Ouch!

You all sure you want me back?  :crackup:

I am glad your little one is on the mend

And  I am really sorry the brownies didn't stop by to make your life  easier

Actually when is the Girl Scout cookie drive?  Thats what I want!

:crackup:

bear_tongue

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I'm glad your daughter is doing better.   :hug:

I'd like some teddy bear elves to come live with me.  Of course, they'd have to do every step in the bear making process since I can't make them.  Then I could have a really big collection!   bear_grin

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I would get the Elves to do feetpads, so fiddly. My daughter got chickenpox from school friends when she was about seven. She did'nt have them too bad and soon got better. My husband and I had gone out for a Saturday lunchtime drink and he was feeling a bit off. Then I saw a spot! My mother-in-law said its can't be as he had them when his brothers did. She was forgetting that his brothers were teenagers when he was born so he missed out. Its no fun at any age, but better when you are younger.

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

I'm so glad your daughter is feeling better Kate! :hug:   I can remember when I had them as a 7 year old.  The most miserable week of my young life bear_sad  My boys have been lucky so far, but they have had the chicken pox vaccine so that's probably why.  My oldest got only a few spots with his bout, and so far my little guy hasn't had any signs of it.  Keeping fingers crossed!! bear_happy

The elves..........hmmm........they could most certainly do the cutting out as I really dislike that part......takes too long and I want to get on with the fun parts!! bear_grin

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Oh man, you guys have some great jobs for those elves!

I would just get my elves to force me to concentrate.

I can just hear the words now...........

"stop looking at the TV"

"dont stare into space! "

"don't plan another bear yet!"

"don't go thru your supplies again"

"stop petting the dog/cat/bunny"

"Don't go on TT AGAIN!"

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Please little elves.. come to MY house ... NOT LISA'S! Please come help me finish re-organizing. PLease!!
OK.. ONE of you can go to LIsa's.. The rest of you come to my house.. I will even let you take a break to play with the yorkies!

Board footer