Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

I usually only work with mohair but just recently I bought some plush for the first time. I got it because the colour and curly pile was just what I was looking for and I must say I'm really impressed with it and can't wait to use it.

plush.jpg

I'm not sure that I would create a whole bear from it and was really only looking to cut the tummy piece from the synthetic and make the rest of the body from mohair in a contrasting colour.

I know the plush is much softer and silkier to the touch than most mohairs and wondered if anyone else ever mixed the two fabrics successfully.

Look forward to your replies. bear_original

:hug:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

MyIndulgence.jpgWotalot.jpgHi Kate,  I've used synthetic plush and mohair/alpaca many times.  I think with a bit of imagination, it makes for great bears!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Well isnt this funny? Just today I had finally settled on the fabrics for my next bear and it is to be a mixture of plush and mohair.    But I must admit to being influenced by your big beautiful bears Paula.
Wendy bear_thumb

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Wow Paula, I think we can safely say it works then bear_original

Great bears....you've all inspired me now bear_thumb

:hug:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Glad you like 'em ... have fun with your fabrics ladies!!

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Hi Kate,

IVE RECENTLY MADE A FEW BEARS IN PLUSH.

They sold just as well as the mohair ones.

HAVE lots of FUN bear_thumb

Lanie x

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Usually my synthetic sell better than my mohair bears... dunno why.... I mostly use synthetics (I love fluffy bears)... I have mixed shorter synthetics with longer synthetics and also curly kid mohair with short alpaca.... never tried synthetic and mohair combo before though...

This is Blossom (one of my newest bears) and she is the kid mohair and alpaca - kid mohair body, alpaca inner ears, tum and paw pads blossom6.JPG

K Pawz Guest

Most of my colored bears are mohair with synthetic parts like cheeks and tummy's and I love the look....as well the two bears I have up for sale right now are both synthetic with no Mohair at all....I just love the sculptability of the dense synthetic....

Hugs,
Krista

knuffelbear Claudia's Knuffelbaeren
Heinsberg

DSCI0022-Kopie-a.jpgNormaly I make my bears and other creations from mohair or alpacca.

But recently I had a rest of synthetic fabrics and I made a little lion from it  bear_rolleyes

Board footer