Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Ah, my friend!

I am quite disappointed...
I did not do very well.

I have been too slow and had no time to finnish.
But honnestly, i don't think I would have managed to make the remaining exercises.
So finally, i may have been right to take my time on the other questions!

But as a result, I cannot get a mark higher than 13/20...

Arrrrg!

Well, anyway, as there were at least among the ten of us two very comfortable with nematology as they come from the hosting lab, that reduces my chances anyway. There were 7 points easy to obtain directly about nematodes. The third question (10 points) may have been quite easy for them too.
The remaining question, I don't know. I did not understand anything in that question: this was about viruses and I only had a few hours about viruses during my studies and never happened to study them more... i read the question a few times, but it never become clear to me... so i gave up.

Out of the subject itself, I have not been far to miss my train to come back home.
the exam was supposed to begin at 9:15 am. But it took ages to get everyone ready (there were a mix a different exam altogether concerning different kind of positions in the research institute). so the exam finally began at 9:45 am. It lasted 4 hours.
I had booked the 2:25 pm train and just had enough time to rush to the train station...
This was not a fast train and it took almost 2hours and a half to do Paris-LeMans instead of 1 hour. This train stopped at many many stations. Other trains were too expensive!

Today again it is very hot (again over 30°C!) and no, the exam room was not freshened. all windows were openned and we could ear every few minutes the suburban train stopping just in front of the building and lost of people wandering around the building outside. This building is the exam builing, so there is a lot of human traffic around!

And that was my busy day!

Now i am about to continue to prepare the pics of the teddy bear show.

And tomorrow, once i will have done shopping for groceries and some intensive vaccuuming, I will begin the commissionned bear my patient friend has been waiting for for now a few months (she said it could wait... :D). She wants a big bear looking like Prosper (she will get a better one, as I have improved ever since!).

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Bless your heart, Sophie.   bear_flower   
You may have done better than you think.  Please remember no matter what, when one door closes another one opens.  I know there is something wonderful out there for you.  You'll see.

Warmest and biggest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Oh Sophie, don't feel bad. If you failed then this wasn't meant for you. You wouldn't have been happy with that job. You are on the right track though. Keeping my fingers crossed.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

What's gonna happen is what meant to happen.

Just be proud you tried your best.

What a busy day!

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Sopie, please please do not be dissappointed about your exam - as Aleta said you may have done better than you think - and if it has not worked out this time there will be something bigger and better waiting around the next corner for you I am sure!! bear_thumb
Keep thinking positive :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh my that sounds stressful.... you know, when I took the Bar Exam, the conditions were awful, hot, noisy, and belive it or not... one of the women at the table next to mine actually vomitted... THAT was wonderful!  I thought I did terribly.... but I passed with flying colors.  You just never know Sophie!  I feel for you though hon!  :hug:  bear_wub
Hey... at least it's OVER!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi Sophie , I commend you for all your hard work.  bear_thumb  You sound like you know just what you want and you will get it. You will see!   bear_original

hugs kassie

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

You are already a winner Sophie!!!!! :hug:  You are in the world having ago. bear_thumb
Chin up woman!!  Go forth and prosper bear_grin  :hug:
Plus ,how many in that exam room can make a bear like you??? NONE I bet bear_grin
Luvya possum bear_flower

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Sophie! Don't you go beating yourself up Hon! You did great! Now give yourself a pat on the back and chug a beer!

many Hugs Louise

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Sophie,

You did the best you could and that's great.  I hope you did better than you think you did.  Sending hugs your way.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer