Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Bird4.jpgI was outside, doing a bit of gardening, and I heard this loud chirping over and over.  I looked up to find a baby robin a few feet from me, with his mouth wide open!  Didn't seem nervous at all - maybe he could smell worms in the dirt.  Anyway, I quickly put my two cats in the house and spent the next couple of hours, trying to hustle him on his way, with no luck.  I had to pick him up and move him down the street, into some bushes and as soon as I did, mama and dada robin showed up.  I sure hope he makes it, as there are a lot of cats in our neighbourhood!Bird3.jpg

K Pawz Guest

OMG that is so cute...but very silly on the little birds part...bless your heart for moving him...

Hugs,
Krista

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Holy Cow!! How did you every capture such a wonderful picture!! I smell National Geographic beyond the horizon! Thank you for sharing some awesome pics!!

Many Hugs Louise

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Thankyou for being such a wonderful person and protecting the wee bird. :hug:
AND Kitty, I just love your stories :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Thanks for the compliments on my robin pics - he really wasn't afraid of me at all.  Every time I went near him to try and scoot him off to the next house, he chirped and opened his mouth!  All he really wanted was me to feed him but I tried to do that once in Deep River when one fell out of a nest.  I spent an entire day digging for worms etc and it was exhausting, and I wasn't about to do that again.  This little fellow didn't even fuss when I picked him up!
      I kept my cats in for a couple of hours and the bird seemed to either have disappeared or he was settled somewhere for the night.  One of my cat doesn't leave the porch and the other one is really inept at hunting, so everything seems okay.
     Renae, what a wonderful story - Tikki was such a good kittie!  Animals never cease to amaze me!  What joy they bring to our lives, if we allow them to enter.  I don't understand people who don't like animals or nature, but I guess it's their loss. 

hugs,

Brenda

Board footer