Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Meet Stinkie or sweetie -

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share with you a little friend I have who is visiting my front pouch. The night before last, this is what happen. I went to go outside and on my front doorstep and behold stood this little skunk. We kinda scare each other. That goodness he decided to keep that perfume to himself -  sweet or other wise.
Needles to say, I did not move a mussel. I got a really good look at him or her. We were only about a foot or so away from each other.  I think they are so cute with their tiny little faces. I have been close before but it has been a long time. I almost forgot how really cute they are. I had the door half opened and my hubby wanted to know what was wrong why I was stand there. It is one of those times you just don't want to talk. So very tiny soft voice I said "skunk", he said what, I said "skunk" in a higher tiny voice. So, he comes over cause he can't hear me and I am holding the door so he does not pull it opened and scare the little guy again. He sees him and goes for the camera. By the time he gets back the little one starts to walk away down the stairs and he is gone. So, I had the camera ready for last night. And here the little wee one is. The funny thing is he/she would not take it's head out of the dish long enough for me to get a good picture. I am sitting on the step talking to this skunk trying to get it to put it head up. (My hubby was going nuts in the background behind the closed door)  bear_grin
I will have camera ready again tonight. Oh, and the cats I feed outside, just walk around this little guy - no fear at all. Maybe this one was raised by a cat mommy. I have heard that can happen. Would that be cool or what!
A cat skunk. Oh and that dish is not very big, so it makes him/her look big, but really the skunk is not very big at all. Maybe the size of a kitten about two months old.

hugs everyone.
kassie

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon
Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kassie, How sweet.  Were you feeding the little tike?  I once hand fed a piece of bologna to a skink at a campground.   What was I thinking.

Very cute.  I used to want a de-scented skink as a pet when I was younger.

I think Skunks are very sweet.  I made a bear from skunk fur a long time ago.  It had that oh-so-familiar very very faint "fragrance". bear_wacko  bear_grin

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

I love skunks...lol from a distance....they sure are cute...we had one outside out camper one time years ago...and one got into out basement when I was a kid....and one of our cats went after it...our whole house...and everything in it smelled quite fragrent for some time...the folks in the school we went to really didn't like us much!!! It was years before we lived down the "skunk label"
Hugs,

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awwww....how cute!  My favorite skunk memory is looking out the screen door and seeing a skunk on one side of the food bowl and a racoon on the other.

Animals seem to get along.....

why can't we people?

Thank you Kassie sweetie- I love your piccys

Board footer