Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

juan-copy.jpgjuan3372.jpg

This is the open mouth bear...who I named Juan ...as he is probably the only 'Juan' I'll ever do!!!!  LOL!!!

He was a mare to make but nevertheless I am pleased with the outcome but there is more I can do to improve....

juanface72.jpg

juan72.jpg

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Juan is a lovely bear-I expect you won't have him for long.You must have put a lot of work into him and must be proud of the finished result.
Laurie

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Oh my GAWD! Look at those SWEET teeth! Fabulous Jenny!
Sonya

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Aww...Jenny...I truly adore your bears.  This one reminds me of a toddler who has just discovered his new teeth and shows them off all the time.  Absolutely wonderful...

:clap:   :clap:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awwww Jennikins-  how adorable!

What a fab job you did

The next one will be much easier than a mare.....maybe just a puppy to make?

a080.gif

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

Wow, if making him was a nightmare, the result is a dream! The mouth looks great and I just love the tiny teeth!

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Juan is just beautiful! Are you sure there are 38 pieces in his head?  bear_happy Wow!!!  bear_wub

Debora

warwickshire uk
Website

Hi Debora...there are 17 pieces in the head...It was more like an exercise in taxidermy!!!!

K Pawz Guest

WOW Jenny, he is just amazing....awesome job

Hugs,
Krista

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

What a wonderful piece of craftmanship Jenny - well done!

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Ha-ha! Taxidermy, eh?  bear_laugh  Wow, Jenny. You must be exhausted, but pleased. I was kidding with the 38 pieces, but 17 is bad enough!  bear_wacko Most of those pieces must be in the mouth. I think you did a splendid job!

Debora

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Oh my, talk about super awsome!

I can't even think of where to begin. WOW

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

For goodness sakes!  This little guy couldn't look any cuter.  Jenny, your work is simply outstanding.  Truly.  bear_wub

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Just beautiful Jenny! Please tell us where you got those adorable teeth!

Many Hugs Louise

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Fantastic job Jenny - just beautiful!

Danni

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

Ohh Jenny

He is just awesome - I love the looks on your bears.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Omigosh, Jenny, He's Beyond Precious!!  bear_wub

I love his little baby-teeth, too--what are they made of?

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

What was that Juan? Did you say something?
Jenny he's terrific ...  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Such a beautiful expression. You would swear he was talking to you.  bear_grin
:hug:
Sandi

nettie scotland
Website

I think he was worth all the work and tantrums.He is beautiful and looks alive.
Diane

juliah Bracken Bears
Suffolk
Website

Hi Jenny

I absolutely adore your bears and Juan is no exception.  He is wonderful.   bear_wub I always keep an eye out for your bears because they always have such big personalities.

Julia

warwickshire uk
Website

Thanks for all your lovely comments...I was relieved that he worked out..never having done one before and having to puzzle it out was hard...but I did it and it worked..and now I shall try to improve on this bear...there are things I need to change on the pattern.

It really was a challenge as I didn't want to just do a slit in the pattern and put a mouth piece in..and I didn't want to tag on a flap under the chin..nice as they can be when other folks do them...I wanted an integral mouth which looks how I think a teddy would look  if he opened his mouth. I wasn't sure about teeth...but these that I modelled from pearly fimo worked but I want to change them...I am going to get some of that stuff dentists use and make a mold for future use...but as I haven't made the perfect set yet that's for the future!! I could borrow my mothers false teeth...what do you reckon?

sarahjane Brisbane

"A bear with your mothers false teeth" now that would be something to see, I can't wait for the photo's  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Seriously this is one beautiful bear, and the teeth are just so perfect, how on earth did you get  them to stay in his mouth?

warwickshire uk
Website

Hi Sarah Jane...the teeth are set into the gum line which is then anchored ito the mouth with whipping twine and set deep into the lower jaw with a type of cement

sarahjane Brisbane

That sound incredibly fiddly!!!!

Don't think I'll be trying it any time soon, I'm having enough trouble perfecting my eyelids.. bear_whistle

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I'm amazed how alive he is. I thought your bears spectacular before, but this adds a whole new element.
Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wendy bear_thumb

Board footer